Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any removed the ABS module only? 4 screws holding it on, top 2 easy enough, bottom 2 not so easy. The washer fluid reservoir is blocking access to these screws. Just looking for anyone that has removed this that may have a tip. Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Has any removed the ABS module only? 4 screws holding it on, top 2 easy enough, bottom 2 not so easy. The washer fluid reservoir is blocking access to these screws. Just looking for anyone that has removed this that may have a tip. Thanks in advance...
If the reservoir is blocking the screws, then you remove it.

The reservoir comes out from below, so you have to remove the belly pans and work from underneath.

I swapped out a friends reservoir when he had a custom painted one to install in place of the original one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping to avoid that, may be just enough room to get an allen wrench in to loosing screws...

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Was hoping to avoid that, may be just enough room to get an allen wrench in to loosing screws...
If space is that tight, how about when the screws are backed out (bottoming against other items) and then trying to properly tighten them back?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's tight in the sense I cannot see the bottom screws, but I think I can get a wrench on them and have enough room to get them backed out, just awkward position trying to loosen something you cannot see. I even thought of cutting the neck off of the resevour and trying to reattach it in some way lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ABS module for the 2010 RT with the 6 speed manual transmission has been discontinued PN 68067398AB NOBODY has it available.
What is the difference between a 2010 and a 2011 or newer ABS module? Why would Chrysler discontinue the one from 2010 for the manual transmission vehicles only? There is a company that says they can rebuild it for $250 but I would rather buy new. Dodge dealer really does not have a reason why it is no longer available. Dealer will take the module off and reinstall it so I can send it out for repairs for $270, which I assume includes recalibrating module if needed. Any thoughts on this??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,791 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one on Amazon is not in stock, and the one on e Bay is not the right part #. But thank you anyway for your help!! Anyone else have advise??

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
3 versions in 2010, would recommend used, maybe

68067398AB is discontinued

other two are available

2011 different number all together and looks like all models are the same

dont know

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,791 Posts
The one on Amazon is not in stock, and the one on e Bay is not the right part #. But thank you anyway for your help!! Anyone else have advise??
Sorry, the Amazon said 1 left last night. I didn't realize the ebay search had changed to a completely different number :7:

A Guy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, may end up sending mine off for repairs to a company called modulemaster.com excellent reviews...

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
had you been getting the brake fluid flushed / replaced on a regular basis?

If not, for future reference - do it every two years. The ABS pumps can get corrosion from old fluid (water contamination).

On American makes, this service is seldom mentioned, as opposed to Euro brands that call this out every two years.

Often I see the hoods up on black or very dark color brake fluid - this indicates moisture is present in the fluid

On my vehicles with ABS - one I had for 16.5 years, 134k and the other one is 18 years and 136k - no issues with brake systems and did fluid flush / replacements every 2 years.

And I do the same on the '16 SPS as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to resolve this? Did you use module master? I’m in the same situation. Can’t find the part and module masters is one of the only sites which would do the repair for a Challenger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, it took care of all of the problems I was having. My local dodge dealer removed and replaced the module for me...it very hard to get out. I would highly recommend Module Masters!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having the same issue! Can't find the part anywhere. We're you good with the rebuild? Help with this is appreciated! Thx.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts