Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 RT's AC/Heat blower fan won't turns off when pushed above 80 percent. Won't run on the high setting. Left my trunk open and killed the battery. Recharged it and now the row of AC/Heat fan speed knob, thermostat knob, and adjusting where the air flow goes knob don't have any light. Could this be a fuse?

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Probably your blower switch is burned up. It is a simple rotary switch with all the blower current going through the contacts. If you have to replace the board (about $100 I think) do not leave the switch between the detents. I looked at one that burned up and it is clear why they do after you look at it. Most people think the knob is a continuously variable control and it is not. They should have at least had a high blower relay on the high position like the old cars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got in today and now I can hear the blower fan moving but hardly any air comes out.

-Blower fan still doesn't run above 75 percent on the high setting.
-Entire row of knob lights are out (Fan speed, temp, direction of air flow. AC light doesn't come on, defroster light doesn't come on.
-Can hear fan blowing under 75 percent but hardly any air comes out.

Guess I should try and replace something this weekend...

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
I don't know if it's a fuse or not.
Here's some information from thr Factory Service Manual (FSM):

There is a power distribution center located in the trunk under the spare tire access panel. This center contains fuses and relays.
CAUTION:

• When installing the Power Distribution Center cover, it is important to ensure the cover is properly positioned and fully latched. Failure to do so may allow water to get into the Power Distribution Center, and possibly result in an electrical system failure.
  • When replacing a blown fuse, it is important to use only a fuse having the correct amperage rating. The use of a fuse with a rating other than indicated may result in a dangerous electrical system overload. If a properly rated fuse continues to blow, it indicates a problem in the circuit that must be corrected.
  • Cavity 1 of the Rear Power Distribution Center contains a black IOD fuse needed for vehicle processing during assembly. The service replacement part is a 60 Amp yellow cartridge fuse.
CAVITY / FUSE / DESCRIPTION
1 60 Amp Yellow Ignition Off Draw (IOD)
2 40 Amp Green Integrated Power Module (IPM)
4 40 Amp Green Integrated Power Module (IPM)
5 30 Amp Pink Heated Seats - if equipped
6 20 Amp Yellow Fuel Pump
7 15 Amp Blue Sub Amp - if equipped
8 15 Amp Blue Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC)/Wireless Ignition Node (WIN)
9 20 Amp Yellow Power Outlet
14 10 Amp Red AC Heater Control/Cluster/Security Module - if equipped
17 20 Amp Yellow Cluster
18 20 Amp Yellow Selectable Power Outlet
19 10 Amp Red Stop Lights
27 10 Amp Red Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
28 10 Amp Red Ignition Run
29 5 Amp Orange Cluster/Electronic Stability Program (ESP)/Powertrain Control Module (PCM)/STOP LIGHT Switch
30 10 Amp Red Door Modules/Power Mirrors/Steering Control Module (SCM)
35 5 Amp Orange Antenna Module - if equipped/Power Mirrors
36 25 Amp Clear Hands-Free Phone - if equipped//Radio
37 15 Amp Blue Transmission
38 10 Amp Red Cargo Light/Vehicle Information Module - if equipped
39 10 Amp Red Heated Mirrors - if equipped
40 5 Amp Orange Auto Inside Rearview Mirror/Heated Seats - if equipped/Switch Bank
41 10 Amp Red AC Heater Control/Headlights/Tire Pressure Monitoring - if equipped
42 30 Amp Pink Front Blower Motor
43 30 Amp Pink Rear Window Defroster
44 20 Amp Blue Amplifier - if equipped/Sunroof - if equipped
*Cavities 11, 12, and 13 contain self-resetting fuses (circuit breakers) that are only serviceable by an authorized dealer. The Cluster (without power memory seat), the Driver Seat Switch (with power memory seat), and the Memory Module (if equipped) are fused by the 25 amp circuit breaker in Cavity 11. The Passenger Seat Switch is fused by the 25 amp circuit breaker in Cavity 12. The Door Modules (except base), the Driver Door Lock Switch (base), the Driver Express Power Window Switch (if equipped), and the Passenger Door Lock Switch (base) are fused by the 25 amp circuit breaker in Cavity 13.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pulled the transport fuse in the trunk for a few mins. When I pushed it back in the lights came back on in the fan control. I can also now feel the fan blowing everywhere but high. This must be a reset for when you charge the battery via underhood connector.

I need to now investigate why the fan won't run on high. Is there any chance it could be the blower motor located in the glove box?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts