Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage are you getting out of your Auto RT. i am looking at buying one in the next 2 weeks and want to get some info.

Does all of the RT have outside temp and compass or do you have to buy the electronic package

I haven't seen any online with more than 30k miles on them. I am going to drive the heck out of mine. I do 35k a year. Has anyone had any problems? what is the highest miles out there

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Before I put my CAI on and tuned I got 28 MPG strictly on the highway. I haven't checked it yet with mods. I only have 6K miles on mine but so far so good. I have the package with the EVIC on it so I don't know if RT has outside temp without it. By the way Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've had my R/T for about seven months and only have around 1200 miles on it. I have been averaging around 15 mpg with a pretty even combination of city and highway driving. I was expecting better, but my driving has been pretty aggressive. On highway jaunts with no traffic, I get around 25 mpg, which is pretty good, in my opinion.

I don't have the EVIC on my R/T and it gives the outside temperature but not the compass.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Banned
165 Posts
I get about 13 but I only drive around town and I tend to drive a little hard.

My one highway trip which was combinded with around towm was 17.

I don't think I'll ever get what some are claiming, 25+.

You'll have to putt around like grandpa Moses and whats the point?

Buy a TDI Jetta and get 40MPG if that's what you're after.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info... The Challenger by far is one of the coolest cars out there. I don't see any advantage to buying a 2011 over a 2010 in the RT. Am I missing anything? 50 HP in th SE but I can't find anything with the RT

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2010 r/t auto -at first I was getting 24 to 25mpg on highway going 65mph, now since I have deleted the suitcase muffler I am getting around 20mpg on the highway going around 65mph. ANY IDEAS??

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
Hemi engines need a certain amount of back pressure to operate efficiently. Removing the muffler may have reduced the back pressure below the optimal level.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Can't say what it was getting stock but with 16,000 miles on her as well as a CAI, custom tune, suticase muffler and resonators removed it will get about 15 city driving (kinda hard usually) and about 19 on the highway.

That is also with the MDS system competely disabled...I couldn't stand the feel of it nor the sound.

I drive about 18K a year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 12k on mine with the Mopar CAI, cat back exhaust and using the Predator 93 CAI tune I average 15 - 17 mpg when driving it hard, a lot of hard acceleration starts with city and highway driving. On the interstate with the cruise at 75 mph 21.5 mpg. I have the temp but no compass, kinda wish I did have the full evic system.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I get around 18-19 mpg in town. Combo of stop and go and highway cruising. I took a 900 miles trip and averaged 22.3 with mostly highway miles but some stop and go in small towns along the way. Car is still bone stock, 2010 R/T Classic auto.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Bone stock 2010 RT Classic with automatic.

I live in a small town, so I don't get a chance for "city" stop and go type driving. Worst mileage (5400 on the car) was about 18mpg cruising/hiway, with long idle warm ups.

Usually get 25ish on longer hiway trips. Best 150 mile trip got 27.3 (EVIC), and at fill up time, my calculations were about the same.

A lot a variables to consider. Wind, hills, twisties, and driving habits. I can see that with hard driving in the city, mpg's will be in the lower teens. That's just a v8 IMO.

Getting 25 at 65/70 should be about normal with a stock set up/MDS.

I'm one of the few that likes the MDS. I see no reason to disable it, and like the extra mileage it gets on cruises.

Welcome and have some fun,

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for the info... The Challenger by far is one of the coolest cars out there. I don't see any advantage to buying a 2011 over a 2010 in the RT. Am I missing anything? 50 HP in th SE but I can't find anything with the RT
I knew about the 2011 changes and opted to order a 2010 R/T. Had I wanted an SE or an SRT I definitely would have waited, but there's not much difference with the R/T.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I picked up my 2010 RT Black with the classic wheels yesterday. Holly Underwear is this an awesome car... Will need new tires soon... funny Story... I watched two guys walk up to it at my shop pushing their nose against the window, so I put the windows down with the remote... They jumped back away from the car and walked away. It was funny. What a complete a total package-performance looks and even a little fuel economy. (NICE )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts