Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 RT Challenger Classic with 6 speed and 20 inch wheels-I installed a Cervini CAI and 85 mm throttle body and using the Predator tuner set up the car with 91 octane CAI tune-my question is since I installed the throttle body do I have to pull any fuses to reset the ECM to recognize the new throttle body-or use the predator to do this? is it necessary? I did feel a difference just doing all the above-the cars throttle response from a standing start is crisper and at around 3000-4000 rpm it really takes off-future plans include installation of 180 degree thermostat and oil catch can as well as strut tower brace and suspension upgrades-any suggestions on the above are welcomed-thanx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have 2010 RT Challenger Classic with 6 speed and 20 inch wheels-I installed a Cervini CAI and 85 mm throttle body and using the Predator tuner set up the car with 91 octane CAI tune-my question is since I installed the throttle body do I have to pull any fuses to reset the ECM to recognize the new throttle body-or use the predator to do this? is it necessary? I did feel a difference just doing all the above-the cars throttle response from a standing start is crisper and at around 3000-4000 rpm it really takes off-future plans include installation of 180 degree thermostat and oil catch can as well as strut tower brace and suspension upgrades-any suggestions on the above are welcomed-thanx
Pulling the #2 fuse in the engine compartment fuse box will reset the 'Adaptives' that the ECM will set over time.Your driving habits will dictate how the ECM will adjust the adaptives.

The ECM will adjust to most bolt on modifications and along with the CAI 91 Octane Tune things should be fine.For piece of mind you may want to consider doing some data logging using the Predator and laptop then having a 'Custom Tune' written for installation.I had mine done by DCX Depot.Air/Fuel ratio would be my biggest concern after installing a TB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts