Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on 2010 R/T's, was the trak pack or super track pack available? ( or is it a 2011 option only?). Is there a difference between super and reg. track pack? I"m reconsidering R/T's now ( previously only SRT8s). I've been reading about, and thinking about, the advantages of RT's ( mileage, reg fuel)....but if you put a 'tune' on it with Predator....you'll have to use premium fuel anyway..... still thinking.

Have dealers calling me Furious F. and Detonator Yellow's , then 1 plum crazy srt8, beginning to waiver a bit on the 'value' of the srt8 '10. I would prefer the I.E. '11 392 of course the most....but it cost a lot....could chance it and wait to see if it doesn't sell as the 2012's are announced. oh the choices.....I'll be happy once I make a deal/decision I know, these cars rock.:browsmiley::browsmiley:

·
Registered
818 Posts
I do't know if their is a difference on the 2010s I have a track pack on my RT and their are a few things that come on it but I could tell you what they are. Also I didn't see paying an extra 10K for an SRT8 to only get an extra 30HP or so also on the SRT8 you have to pay a gas guzzler tax of 1900 bucks and didn't see the point in that either. You can do a lot to an RT and make it just as fast if not faster. I would go with the RT and save some money but if you can get an SRT8 for the same price as an RT then I would go for the SRT8. If not save the money for some mods.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Yes the 10's did have the track pak and super track pak options. I'm not sure if they added anything to the 11 options.
**Details on Super Track Pack for 2010 Challenger/Charger R/T:
- 20-inch Goodyear F1 Super Car tires
-Improved Front and Rear Nivomat Self-Leveling shock-absorbers
- Larger rear stabilizer bar
- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
- Performance Brake Linings
-Full "ESP-off" Stability Calibration (for the enthusiast)

TRACK PAK - Includes six-speed manual transmission w/pistol grip shifter, Hill Start Assist, anti-spin differential (3.73 w/18-inch wheels, 3.92 w/20-inch wheels), and bright pedals .

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Super track pack option wasn't available until the Plum Crazy Challengers were being built in 2010. If it has the Super Track Pack option, then it will show as an option ($$) on the sticker. Sadly, Super track pack wasn't available for the DY model run, just the standard track pack:(

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yes, B5 Blue is also not available with Super Track Pack since it was out of production by the time the option arrived. I stopped looking for them when I found that out and bought a Hemi Orange one with it instead.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang that bums me out...no B5 or DY....I want that STP if I get a RT!!! So plum crazy is still in....what about FF? I found a loaded one, but its an auto (40/60) against that, but.... Still not sure about the color, its 'really out there' in a way, a bit too pink in some ways, but at times it looks great. I drove a '11 RT toxic orange w/white strips, Classic, and liked how it drove with the STP, firm, but it handled better.

ps I almost made a deal on a IE 392 but they wouldn't come off the price enough. They've been sitting on it....but apparently not quite long enough! They really pressured me into 'lets just do the deal and be done with it'. 'take it home'. thing. I wanted to, and turned it right back around on them, okay, just lower the price a bit more and "I'll take it off your hands, lets just get it done, get it off your lot'' I said, haha. they didn't, so I'll let them sit as I consider saving $$ on an '10 RT or srt8

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
What's the difference between super & standard?

·
Super Moderator
16,461 Posts
What's the difference between super & standard?
'Standard' Track Pack is the 6-speed manual package
*Sure Grip diff 3.73/18" / 3.91/20"
*Hill Start Assist
*Bright aluminum pedals
*Var. Displacement Pwr Steering

'Super' Track Pack (avail auto or 6-speed)
*full off ESP (like SRT models)
*larger 20mm rear sway bar
*adds Var. Displ Pwr Steering for automatics
*Bilstein shocks (SRT spec)
*automatic still has 3.06 "open" diff
*req 20" wheel and adds Goodyear F1 tires

Super Track Pack is only available on R/T models

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Thanks Hal.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dang that bums me out...no B5 or DY....I want that STP if I get a RT!!! So plum crazy is still in....what about FF? I found a loaded one, but its an auto (40/60) against that, but.... Still not sure about the color, its 'really out there' in a way, a bit too pink in some ways, but at times it looks great. I drove a '11 RT toxic orange w/white strips, Classic, and liked how it drove with the STP, firm, but it handled better.

ps I almost made a deal on a IE 392 but they wouldn't come off the price enough. They've been sitting on it....but apparently not quite long enough! They really pressured me into 'lets just do the deal and be done with it'. 'take it home'. thing. I wanted to, and turned it right back around on them, okay, just lower the price a bit more and "I'll take it off your hands, lets just get it done, get it off your lot'' I said, haha. they didn't, so I'll let them sit as I consider saving $$ on an '10 RT or srt8
Or you could go to Brigham Gill in Natick Mass and get an '11 Toxic 6 speed R/T for $27315 and laugh your way to the bank.

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T, $27,315 - Cars.com

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, kinda true. It doesn't have HID's which I want, nor the STP, and its not a Classic model, all that I want. :(

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
well, kinda true. It doesn't have HID's which I want, nor the STP, and its not a Classic model, all that I want. :(
If you can find a car that you like with the STP and HID's you could always "build" your own classic. It can easily be made with some striping, classic script badging, hood ducts, and classic wheels (get some takeoffs and save $$$). Just something to consider.:)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You could get the track pack on the 6spd B5 cars, as well as the DY cars, you just couldn't get them on the automatic cars (which would have been the super track pack) When i was looking at b5's and DY's i found several that had the track pack option on them, but i wanted an automatic and couldn't find one equipped with one, finally read online that it wasn't available at the time the b5 and DY cars were at the manufacturer being built. So the only options if you just gotta have the super track pack auto is a PCP, FF, or GWE.

On a side note, it wouldn't be that hard to duplicate a STP package on a DY or B5 car, it would just cost more than the 400.00 the factory charged for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for reminding me about the B5 and DY not getting the STP, I can get lost in all the options on what was or wasn't an option those cars. I probably wouldn't let that stop me from buying one, like you said, add the STP 'stuff' later, really, possibly better performance with aftermarket stuff like sway bars etc.

Mark052; you're right, I would just 'build a Classic' if I have too.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Just get one with all the options, then you won't have to worry about missing out on anything. Think i got one with pretty much everything but pretty pedals or the appearance package (didn't want the pedestal spoiler, got the ta hood with mopar bucks) options are fewer when you buy a classic, as they already come with most of the good stuff included at a higher price. While i didn't want or need a sunroof, i got one because it was on the car already and the dealer wanted to move it.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I "built" mine. the R/T classic package doesn't come in Titanium metallic, So I got the 2010 R/T in Titanium and put the SRT suspension on it (Didn't need the F1 tires) and put the Script emblems on the fenders and grille. I decided against the side stripes(Personal preference) it was fun! Love the car! Also did the Hurst shifter with 70's mod, which I highly recommend!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts