Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know this has been the topic of several conversations and I've reviewed many many of the already posted conversations about this upgrade but I'm still a bit confused.

I upgraded from the RES (sat, uconnect) radio to the RER (730N).

I've installed the new head unit with a GPS antennae and everything works great except my uconnect.

I know the problem lays with communication between my old mic and the new RER unit but I'm not sure what the fix is.

The best I can gather is my two options are to install an external mic, which isn't really want I want to do, or run a new line from the back of the radio to my mirror.

I guess I'm confused as to whether this really is my only two options. Is the new cable I'm running to the mirror different than the one that's already ran? If so than it makes sense as to why I need to run the new one.

I don't want to hastily replace the cable only to have the same result. I was just hoping to get some feedback confirming this is the best step to take before I run the new cable.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
999 Posts
You need to buy a new uconnect harness. I got mine at my local Dodge dealer. You have to unplug the old wire from the Uconnect auto Dimming mirror, plug the new wire into the mirror, plug the old cable into the new harness and route the wiring under the headliner and pillar cover to the Mygig and plug it into the jack in the back of the radio. also you can disconnect the bluetooth module under the passenger top kick panel on the right side as well. Cant remember the part numbers but there are a few threads on the subject posted already. Intructions come with the kit.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, was running the new wire under the headliner difficult? Never done anything quite like that before and am a little worried.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not really, just need a torx screwdriver to drop the drivers side visor. I took out the light console but I dont think you have to. I was looking for the wire that plugged into the new harness.... It wasnt there... Its the old wore to the mirror that plugs into the open socket. To remove the pillar cover it snaps off at the top I think and slides up to unlock. You need to pry out the securing clip... Its on the instructions. The hardest part is getting the plastic rivets out of the top kick panels so you can fish the wire through. Thats a bit of a PITA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts