Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all - This is my tribute to the iconic 1970 Challenger R/T from Vanishing Point - in a S/E model!!

Started w/ a base 2010 Challenger S/E in Bright White (of course)
and added thr following mods:

R/T Wheels and Tires ( came from the dealer like that )

Custom SE/R Badging ( "R" for Ralleye)

Custom "Six Pack" Hood Badging

Classic Challenger Script Badging

Functional Hood Scoops

Hood Strut Kit

Challenger Sill Plates

Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

R/T Rear Fascia

MBRP Classic 1970 Dual Slash Exhaust Tips

Mopar Cold Air Intake

Predator 93 Octane Tune

Chrome Pedal Kit

Chrome Fuel Filler Door

Challenger Trunk Mat

Gunslinger Pistol Grip Shifter

1970 Window Bee Decals

I started w/ the badging - I liked the look of the SE/R badges. Dodge should offer a badge for the Ralleye and I thought the "R" matched the look of the 1970 R/T Badge. Also added the Classic Challenger Script Badge and applied in the appropriate spots to match the badging scheme of the 1970 classic. The 'Six-Pack" hood badge was custom made and really brought that 1970 muscle car look to the car. I know Kowalski had a 440 Magnum, but since I have a V6 under the hood I thought it was a cool play on words, and matched the look of the Vanishing Point car.
No up-badging here folks!:thumbsup:

Next, I added the performance options. If it is going to be a tribute to Kowalski's Challenger, I had to add some additional pep to the base V6. I installed the MOPAR Cold Air Intake, functional hood scoops, and did a 89 Octane Predator Tune - Next brought to Lou's Custom Exhaust and had them install a custom true dual exhaust and finished it off with the MBRP 1970 Dual Slash Exhaust Tips - Sweet!!

Interior I installed the Gunslinger Pistol Grip Shifter and will be adding the six speed boot kit.

Some things I added simply because I like them like the Chrome Fuel Filler Door - Kowalski's was just white but I really like the look of the chrome one! Added Sill Plates and the Scat Pack Window Decals because they are cool and true to the 1970 model year.

In the end it is a fitting tribute to that awesome Challenger from Vanishing Point in a S/E model - I love it - It has the vibe of the 1970 car and I get tons of people asking about it!

I just saw recently Fredricks Dodge released a "Kowalski" edition 2011 SRT 392 - SWEET!!! Well, my edition is a LOT cheaper and I dont care if it rains!!!

:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I agree the badges are a bit heavy. But I like the car. The SE/R badge is too big for the grill, doesn't look like it fits. Just my opinion, it's your car do with it what you want.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
dump the 20" over-sized plastic wheels and put some old school 17" wheels on her...then ask me what I think.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
some D-O-D-G-E letters on the hood are needed as well
nice job on the K edition though
I agree with the other posters that the SE/R seems s bit big to me, good idea imo but it's the size that seems to large

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
The car looks great,just put a classic emblem in the grill!I put emblems on every side of mine,and I guarantee you no one calls it a Camaro or Mustang!!!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
,and I guarantee you no one calls it a Camaro or Mustang!!!
Want to put some money on that? LOL
They will probably still call it a Charger though.

And I agree with IDMTfirefighter...DODGE emblem is a great idea on the hood! SE-R is too big.
White Challengers are awesome!

·
Banned
583 Posts
I like the white.....cricket...cricket..

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
You're right about people calling it a Charger,they call my '73 one!!!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Looks great, nice job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dump the 20" over-sized plastic wheels and put some old school 17" wheels on her...then ask me what I think.
Beleive me, I have thought about it - What I like about these rims is they can take the road conditions in New England - It is more durable a rim, and it won't break my heart if they began to break down. And I think they look great - But I looked at original ralleye rim options, and still may go that route someday!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car looks great,just put a classic emblem in the grill!I put emblems on every side of mine,and I guarantee you no one calls it a Camaro or Mustang!!!
Thought about this one as well - I may just do that yet. Part of me was trying to keep some "original" 2010 stuff on it - Kind of a combination of the two era's - Good suggestion though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some D-O-D-G-E letters on the hood are needed as well
nice job on the K edition though
I agree with the other posters that the SE/R seems s bit big to me, good idea imo but it's the size that seems to large
Actually ordered the letters for the hood and was worried it may be too much - I like the idea though - Hell, if I don't like them, I can always remove! Another good suggestion!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Outside of the white paint, I don't understand the Kowalski connection. The Six Pack and R badging have nothing to do with Vanishing Point. If you truly wanted to do a Kowalski tribute, there are other ways to go. Hey, it's your car and you can do what you want, but I don't think you've paid tribute to Kowalski by putting on some Nissan R badges.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Outside of the white paint, I don't understand the Kowalski connection. The Six Pack and R badging have nothing to do with Vanishing Point. If you truly wanted to do a Kowalski tribute, there are other ways to go. Hey, it's your car and you can do what you want, but I don't think you've paid tribute to Kowalski by putting on some Nissan R badges.
Ok - Like what??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah... not diggin' the Sentra SE R badges.

I also tend to agree there are other routes for the Kowalski rendition.

You could have gone with the old style script "Challenger and red S/E on the grill, Dodge lettering on the hood. if you think about it, you did strike it right with no rear spoiler.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
IMO, a true Kowalski edition would have to be a white V8, 6-speed. Try to find some 18" Rallye-style wheels (hard to do, I know), add white letter tires with small lettering. Woodgrain pistol grip shifter. Badge the car exactly as the car in VP. OA-5599 plates. The Kowalski Challenger is like the Bullitt Mustang - less is more.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade. If you like what you've done to your car, that's all that matters. But I think calling it a Kowalski trbute is inaccurate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah... not diggin' the Sentra SE R badges.

I also tend to agree there are other routes for the Kowalski rendition.

You could have gone with the old style script "Challenger and red S/E on the grill, Dodge lettering on the hood. if you think about it, you did strike it right with no rear spoiler.
The "red" S/E badge would be a custom made piece am I correct. I could not find an available existing badge like that? I would have gone that route - At first I did not want to pay big $ for a custom badge - but since I did get the "six-pack" badge, it is likely I will bite the bullet and get custom S/E badges made. I like the 'DODGE" lettering on the hood as well - I was afraid it may have been too busy. Thanks for the suggestions!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts