Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just bought a 2010 se and the sound is el sucko.

what is my best option for under 500 bucks.

can i just change out all speakers and be happy?

I don't listen to bass heavy music. I like rock and roll.

I want it clear, crisp, loud and I want it set it and forget it.

The simpler the better.

Also, what the hell is this ipod thing in my arm rest and how the hell does it work?

Cheers!

Shag

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok.

Most people have done some sort of research as to how to improve their mobile audio system. I thought the original question was some sort of "bait". I guess not. ANYWAY...
You want simple? How appropriate. Take your quiet ride to Best Buy and let them do the thinking for you. Simple. Why solicit everyone's opinion? It'll only confuse you more. KISS.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I had an '09 SE. If you have the base sound system, then I know your pain.

There are 6 X 9's in the doors, and round 6.5" speakers in the rear deck, and that's it.

I did replace all the speakers. It did sound better, but not great. The problem is the amp isn't real powerful. Anyway, I bought 3-way 6 X 9's for the doors to finally give me some high notes. I remember it took 2 tries to get the rear's to sound nice. I couldn't find a 6.5 inch speaker, so I had to buy 6 inch speakers with an adapter to make it fit the larger hole.

Now, I don't remember what speakers I bought for the doors, but I ended up with Infinities in the rear. So, it was an upgrade for sure. It cost less than $500. As a music lover though, I was always wanting more from it. FWIW, I bought my speakers from Crutchfield.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts