Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question here, looking real hard into selling my baby, so I'm trying to throw that stock auto shift knob back on...........must be some trick because no matter what I do I cant get that chrome ring deal to snap back in, everything lines up, greased it, wd-40 it,

Its a no go, gave up and put back on my white ball one. LOL

Not gonna try again, just curious if anyone else had the same issue.

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Hey guys, quick question here, looking real hard into selling my baby, so I'm trying to throw that stock auto shift knob back on...........must be some trick because no matter what I do I cant get that chrome ring deal to snap back in, everything lines up, greased it, wd-40 it,

Its a no go, gave up and put back on my white ball one. LOL

Not gonna try again, just curious if anyone else had the same issue.

Rich
Don't you have to pull that chrome ring down to get the shifter knob off? Is it down? I'm just picturing in my mind once the knob is back on, you can just pull the chrome ring back into place.

I guess that isn't the case??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't you have to pull that chrome ring down to get the shifter knob off? Is it down? I'm just picturing in my mind once the knob is back on, you can just pull the chrome ring back into place.

I guess that isn't the case??
LOL, yeah its real easy getting the ring off , that puppy just doesn't want to go back up to the shifter knob, I suppose I could have went cave man on it, but that thing would break.

I take it not many put the shift knob back on once they put a different one on.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts