Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have a just recently gotten a new Challenger, loved the style of it and just like about everyone on here can't wait to personalize it a bit. The problem I am having is where to start???

Here is a long list... of things would like but which to start with? should I knock out the cheaper things on my list? or wait and wait for the more expensive items?

1. Darker tinted windows
2. Rims/Tires
3. Halo headlights
4. SRT shocks/springs and sway bar
5. dual exhaust - + new dual exhaust facia
6. Predator -tuning
7. K&N air filter
8. Better radio
9. Speakers

So with not enough for wheels & tires right now.. what to start with opinions?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I was fortunate enough to go on a Heartlandvideo run the weekend after I bought the car. I followed several other Challengers with sequential lights and knew right then what my first was going to be. You'll just know it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
hood struts...cheap and easy

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did hood struts for my first. Prop rods suck! Lol. Welcome to the Talk and congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Tinted windows or painted calipers. Mine came that way from the dealer. Then next mod, sequential turn signals and pulsing 3rd brake light from Webelectrics.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'd go with #5,6 and 7. Get your car better performance then go for the appearance, at least that is my theory.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey,

Welcome to the forum and congrats. Im a fellow 2010 SE owner of only 2.5 months so I just asked this question about 2 months ago. I went performance first since I got an upgraded appearance package straight from the dealer. Either way I would've went performance first. Here's what I did:

1) K&N drop-in air filter (excellent and cheap, cost me $38 from autoanything.com).
2) Stainless long tube headers and dual side exit exhaust from Stainless Works.

If you want more HP and performance than the drop-in filter then you can get a K&N CAI from autoanything for $255.

Also, I was told by my dealership that a Predator Tune will void your warranty so be careful with that on a brand new car.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I was told by my dealership that a Predator Tune will void your warranty so be careful with that on a brand new car.
Thank you for the advice I had no idea that the predator tune would void the warranty, I guess it makes sense though.

I'm still a little undecided on which mod, I will be sure to let everyone know which one or two I go with first and the results of it.

Thanks again,
Raf

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my 2010 SE last saturday. The first mod I did was a chrome fuel door. I want to add a spoiler, but I'm torn between a go wing or a R/T style factory. It's PS2 silver. Either one would look great. Then there's the debate on flat black or painted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started with fog lites and stripes. Try to do most of them yourself...Have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
hood struts...cheap and easy , challenger fender emblems, got some 3.5l hood emblems, dual pipes,

From there it is more $$$

OH I did put a nice rear biew mirrior with compass, temp and auto day/hight.

I think even the SRTs should have this, it is a nice mirror, same one Ford and GM use in the nicer cars etc...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
regardless of which way you go I wouldn't sink a lot of coin into go fast mods. It doesn't appear you're leaning that way off the bat. the 3.5 is a decent motor but it is what it is. Appearance mods are the way to go with the SE imo. good luck

·
Registered
205 Posts
many of us did some of the same things right off the bat.
window tint
chrome fuel door
stereo upgrades

we had the car 3 days before the chrome fuel door was on it. 3 days later, i had the windows tinted and an amp installed for a sub. :)

in order, this is what i did.
fuel door
tint
sub
factory fogs
K&N drop-in
MYGIG
side stripes
hood struts

the wife put the smack-down on me and said no more mods. (its her car) the only thing left i can put on it is a R/T exhaust... but per her rule, if i dont get it free, it dont go on it.:disgust:
we only did the side stripes because the dealer-installed stripes had to come off at the body shop for repairs after she backed my steel-bumpered Wrangler into the side of her car.
ofcourse i added some seat covers for her... and she needs em.

if you boil it down, just about every basic mod on the car runs around $100.

·
Registered
724 Posts
IMO i would get them in this order.
1 - oil catch can
2 - cai / this gave me 7 hp on a AW DYNOJET b4 the tune started on 91 octane with 1.8% oxy
3 - predator
4 - cmr dyno or e mail tune / this gave me 20 hp on a AW DYNOJET / same 91 octane
5 - depending on where your at 180 stat.
6 - only if you want noise / cat back exhaust

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
IMO i would get them in this order.
1 - oil catch can
2 - cai / this gave me 7 hp on a AW DYNOJET b4 the tune started on 91 octane with 1.8% oxy
3 - predator
4 - cmr dyno or e mail tune / this gave me 20 hp on a AW DYNOJET / same 91 octane
5 - depending on where your at 180 stat.
6 - only if you want noise / cat back exhaust
Item #5. V6's come with a 180* thermostat. No need to change it. If you change the thermostat go to 160*. Just ask S/S Dodge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mods

I've had my SE for about 5 weeks now.

• I bought the fuel door before I picked up the car from the dealer (the dealer I bought the car from didn't have any in stock).
  • I installed the sill plates and Mopar shift handle the 1st week.
  • I replaced the silver console and radio bezel with the Dodge CF versions.
  • I installed RT exhaust this past weekend with the 2011 split tips. I like the sound, but I LOVE the look.
  • I have the side stripes already, just waiting for a couple warm days before I install them.
SRT suspension and rear spoiler are both on my short term list of mods.

I am not sure my order is necessarily a priority order as much as an opportunity order. I agree with IDMTfirefighter...no sense in sinking a lot into performance mods. If go-fast was a major priority you should have bought one of the Hemis.

Congrats on the new car!

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mods and ugrades for SE

Hello,

Here are some simple mods that will ad RWHP and Torque to you Challenger SE.

Magnaflow cat-back systems.
Part# 16484 Dyno tuned, dual out, 2.5", reuse OE tips.
Part# 16500 Dyno tuned, dual out, 2.5", new quad tips.
Part# 16757 Dyno tuned, single out, 2.5" single tip. Click Here for sound clip.

Airaid CAI.
350-171
K&N CAI.
63-1117

Diablo tuner U7136 with free interface U7888.

Please feel free to call, email or PM for questions or for low pricing. All products are in stock and can ship same day.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorpsorts
888-308-6007

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I read a thread about issues with the window tint that have me all paranoid. Are any of you that got the tint having any issues with streaks or whatever? Sounds like the easiest mod to do make it look the koolest right away.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i had not heard of any issue about the tint... but....

our right door... the tint is scratched. 4 lines toward the rear 1/4 of the window. full height top to bottom. Lori carried the car to the dealer to have the top door panel trim looked at. it cracked right in the middle.
(this is our first dealership with a defective part/failure) we've had the car more than one year. the dealer maintenance tech said that there was an on-going issue with that happening... first i'd heard of it, and that was yesterday morning.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts