Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from the Long Island area and see you have a dwb SE base model in transit. Who can i pm for a great deal? a
And can your dealership's 'hemi shop', tackle the 3.5l supercharger from modern muscle and whatever tune it may require?(a definate mod i would get in the future). thanx

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm from the Long Island area and see you have a dwb SE base model in transit. Who can i pm for a great deal? a
And can your dealership's 'hemi shop', tackle the 3.5l supercharger from modern muscle and whatever tune it may require?(a definate mod i would get in the future). thanx
Joel would be the best contact for sales related stuff. As far as the supercharger goes I can tackle that no problem and handle the tuning as well.
Hope this helps
A.J.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a question on the 3.5l, If i add dual exhaust with longtube headers and hi flo cats, will i have trouble with passing emmissions? would my entire warranty be voided?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a question on the 3.5l, If i add dual exhaust with longtube headers and hi flo cats, will i have trouble with passing emmissions? would my entire warranty be voided?
If you are going to start modding the hell out of it for performance gains that will be MINIMAL, you should SERIOUSLY consider a base RT instead.

I doubt those mods would void your warranty but could cause a headache if something does go wrong and the Dealer feels the mods are the cause.

Can't help you whether installing Hi flo cats will make it difficult to pass NYS emissions tests. Don't hear of too many people installing hi flo cats on the 3.5 on this forum. Don't recall seeing them offered on After market Exhaust systems for the Challenger either.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stainlessworks offers longtube headers, hi-flow cats and a side exist dual exhaust specifically for the 3.5 SE challenger. I would prefer an RT with the 6sp manual but my budget is the problem.
The mods i would do on the 3.5 would simply be the entire exhaust system and the addition of the supercharger. While a supercharger costs $$$, the work would be done over a period of time so i wont feel the pinch as much, and should still cost slightly less than an RT. I can pick up a base SE for 23k while the RT approx 32k.
This is why im scoping out all my possibilities.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
A supercharger will definitely void the factory warranty. Scope out the performance gains also to make sure they will get you what you want.

You will probably get more responses to your questions if you put them in the "General Challenger Discussion" or "Dodge Challenger SE Specific" forum.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A supercharger will definitely void the factory warranty. Scope out the performance gains also to make sure they will get you what you want.

You will probably get more responses to your questions if you put them in the "General Challenger Discussion" or "Dodge Challenger SE Specific" forum.

A supercharger and any internal engine modification will for sure throw your warranty out the window. For the price you will pay for headers, sc, tuning, drivetrain upgrades you will for sure surpass what you saved by going with an SE. Id hang tight and get a used RT or SRT.
Hope this helps
A.J.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
hey AJ,

we spoke once before about the 3.5...can you do CMR tuning for the 09 V6s yet? i was also wondering if you can do any work on a 99 Dakota R/T that has a 408 stroker motor using an SCT tuner. Hughes Engines sent me the tuner with tunes already installed...but i'm thinking i might be able to get more out of it if you tune it....thanks, bro!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts