Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, newbie here. I just picked up a 2010 challenger srt8 with 22000 miles on it. From what I can tell, it has a k&n typhoon cai, and a MagnaFlow exhaust. (looks like the competition series) Do you think this setup would benifit from a tune? Is there any way to tell if it already has had one done? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Sorry, yes it is a 6 speed manual.
Does it have the 1-4 skip shift? If not there's a chance it has a tune. Not a sure way to know tho because there's also a thing you can plug in to delete skip shift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1-4 skip shift appears to be disabled. I haven't put the car on the lift yet, but I was going to look and see if there was the harness plugged into the transmission.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Ok yea check for the harness if not then it's probably tuned. I'm gonna say it's probably not tuned tho because the tuners marry to the VIN of the car until the tunes removed. What kinda gains are you looking for on the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really looking to add any more bolt on parts right now other than getting it some sort of tune if it would help. I didn't know if the Cai and exhaust would benifit from a tune to go with them.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Not really looking to add any more bolt on parts right now other than getting it some sort of tune if it would help. I didn't know if the Cai and exhaust would benifit from a tune to go with them.
A tune will definitely help but it's not a huge difference. Autos get a little more out of it cuz of transmission tune. Expect ~10-15whp. I have the same intake and honestly it doesn't really do anything but look pretty, and a Catback isn't gonna change much either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts