1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Tought you guys can help me out a little

Car is a 2010 Challenger SRT 6spds

Ive got a noise that happens from lets say 0-35mph when cold and havent run over 12 hours....

Its a tick tick tick sound from stop to up to 35mph
and it starts slow and when speeding up it ticks faster.
After a few minutes of driving it goes away for the rest of the day

Now instead of getting robbed by a Mopar dealership on labor that they dont even know what they are looking for

I brought it to a local mecanic, he also has a Challenger but automatic

He check it very good, and all he can say is he hears the ticking sound clear when He got in it and test drove it.
Then it goes away
He suggested that it can be something in clutch or tranny

Can anybody help me out a bit with suggestions

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
The only tick I ever had with my 2010 SRT 6m was the annoying Hemi Tick on cold start up. And that was after sitting almost a week. How many miles on the car?

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
What brand/weight oil are you using? Since day one, I have used Mobil 1 0W-40 (synthetic) in my 2009 SRT and have not experienced the "Hemi tick."

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Does the sound go away when you disengage the clutch (push the clutch pedal in)?

Does it sound like it is coming from the shift lever area? Could be bad CV or driveshaft center bearing.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
No there is a intermediate joint in the middle otherwise it is rubber couplers st the trans and the rear end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
A coupler connects the driveshaft to the trans

Nevermind, I saw you say it starts clicking as soon as you start moving. I still would check your coupler.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok. That coupler has bearing right? From that coupler to trans is there a bearing in between? Sorry guys im not to knowledgable when it comes this specific

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Ok. That coupler has bearing right? From that coupler to trans is there a bearing in between? Sorry guys im not to knowledgable when it comes this specific
The coupler does not have a bearing, it just mates the trans tail shaft flange to the driveshaft flange. It is a polymer/rubber coupler which can degrade. In the pic I showed above you can see how the allen bolt hit the flange...there was that much flex.

The trans tail shaft should have a bearing/bushing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts