Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been plenty of discussion threads on this matter but many of them are a little older.

Purchased this 2010 SRT last Fall. It has the original 6.1-liter, 6-speed and 51K miles. All I have done is add a 3" exhaust system/mufflers, CAI, front strut tower brace, Hurst Shorty shifter and a DiabloSport tuner which I have not messed with at all.

Car is just a street driver with zero real interest in drags beyond just seeing how it performs. I bought the car with super-charging in mind and would like to build a set-up to get into the 600-650hp range.

So here are some of my thoughts. Install drop-in forged pistons & rods from MMX. Install a set of long-tube headers. Keep the original forged crank, displacement, heads and valvetrain. Install a roots-style supercharger (Whipple, Magnusson, Edelbrock).

It is probably best to install a new camshaft and lifters in this process. Any suggestions for this type of application? I want the car to remain very driveable but have no problem with it running somewhat lumpier. Any suggestions for work on the heads... nothing crazy?

Finally, I am located in the Akron/Canton area just south of Cleveland, Ohio. Any suggestions for a solid somewhat local speedshop to take on this project?

Any suggestions or insights are welcome. This is my first "new" musclecar experience having spent almost 40 years running big-inch 1960's and 1970's Pontiacs... GTO's, TransAm's and Formula Firebirds.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
There have been plenty of discussion threads on this matter but many of them are a little older.

Purchased this 2010 SRT last Fall. It has the original 6.1-liter, 6-speed and 51K miles. All I have done is add a 3" exhaust system/mufflers, CAI, front strut tower brace, Hurst Shorty shifter and a DiabloSport tuner which I have not messed with at all.

Car is just a street driver with zero real interest in drags beyond just seeing how it performs. I bought the car with super-charging in mind and would like to build a set-up to get into the 600-650hp range.

So here are some of my thoughts. Install drop-in forged pistons & rods from MMX. Install a set of long-tube headers. Keep the original forged crank, displacement, heads and valvetrain. Install a roots-style supercharger (Whipple, Magnusson, Edelbrock).

It is probably best to install a new camshaft and lifters in this process. Any suggestions for this type of application? I want the car to remain very driveable but have no problem with it running somewhat lumpier. Any suggestions for work on the heads... nothing crazy?

Finally, I am located in the Akron/Canton area just south of Cleveland, Ohio. Any suggestions for a solid somewhat local speedshop to take on this project?

Any suggestions or insights are welcome. This is my first "new" musclecar experience having spent almost 40 years running big-inch 1960's and 1970's Pontiacs... GTO's, TransAm's and Formula Firebirds.

Thanks for reading!
OST Dyno in Slippery Rock P.A.. I am from the Youngstown area and that is where I go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts