Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I've had trouble with front end vibrating under heavy braking. So first thing i did is change the pads. Did not work. So i changed rotors got new tires got them balanced. And still when going fast and getting on the brakes it vibrates badly. Some say rotors, some say pads, some say calipers (doubtful because they are Brembos). Any suggestions? This is almost making me hate my ride.....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey. I've had trouble with front end vibrating under heavy braking. So first thing i did is change the pads. Did not work. So i changed rotors got new tires got them balanced. And still when going fast and getting on the brakes it vibrates badly. Some say rotors, some say pads, some say calipers (doubtful because they are Brembos). Any suggestions? This is almost making me hate my ride.....

If you have changed all that stuff and had it done by somebody that knows what they are doing, then it is necessary to look at items that are affected during braking. Caliper mounting, tie rod bushing, control arm bushings, failing steering rack, and wheel bearings. Wheels can also be an issue if they are out of round. Swap the wheels from front to back and test it. Does the vibration occur under extremely light braking? Apply the brake pedal, but don't really do enough to slow the car. This will tell you if it is rotors. Could easily be a wheel bearing that gets extra load under braking.

You goal is to create specific scenarios to fine the problem. Find a lift and get the car airborne. Start poking around and see if you find torn grease boots or anything that is loose. Could be a death wobble that your steering rack can't damper anymore.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Could be something wrong with the ABS

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
395 Posts
My 2010 SRT8 vibrated terribly under braking. I eventually got fed up and switched the rotors and pads out as a set and it cleared up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill end up doing that next spring. Cause i switch them but not at same time. Tires are new and balanced and new bearings so im sure it aint the brembos....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts