Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 SRT Lug nuts vs 2013 Classic II

I figured they were all the same but the original lug nuts that came with the WP3 SRT wheels seem longer with
big washers 13/16" , the regular 2013 lug nuts are 22mm and shorter with no washers.. I was going to buy new Gorilla lug nuts but they look just like the 2013's (pretty much), do these
WP3's need that longer barrel and washer to be proper?

did the WP3 wheels change at all between 2010 and 2012?

thanks...

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
The Gorilla 61147CH will match the 2010 style (21mm hex) and you'll never have issues like the stock cap/sleeve OEM ones.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Hal. I misidentified the year. they are 2009 SRT Lug nuts and they are 13/16".
so the originals having the washers does not matter since the new ones don't?

I called Gorilla and he had never heard of these type lug nuts used on a Challenger and wanted to see pics
before he recommended what to use. he also said there was the "OEM" style and one that was a little longer
folks might prefer these days.. I don't know anything about them ..that's why I am trying to get clarification.

thanks again..

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
thanks Hal. I misidentified the year. they are 2009 SRT Lug nuts and they are 13/16".
so the originals having the washers does not matter since the new ones don't?

I called Gorilla and he had never heard of these type lug nuts used on a Challenger and wanted to see pics
before he recommended what to use. he also said there was the "OEM" style and one that was a little longer
folks might prefer these days.. I don't know anything about them ..that's why I am trying to get clarification.

thanks again..
All OEM Chrysler LX/LC wheels are conical seat - non-washer lug nuts...here's the shots of the Gorilla (left) / OEM (right): 21mm - 13/16" fits, but 21mm is a more accurate fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this doesn't make sense then at all.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts