Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Mopar Mavens.

Its time for new shoes on my 2010 SRT.

It came with 245/45ZR20s all the way around.

I would like to put 255s on the back and stay with the 245s in the front.

I have the stock silver SRT wheels.

So, can I run the 255s on the back without fitment issues?

Thanks for your time,

varooom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some research and found out the rims are 9 inches wide.

Would like to put 275s on back if I can get away with it but run 245s in front.

So the question really is: what is the widest I can run safely on the stock 9" rim.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
You can fit the 255s on the rear stock rims. Many srt's came with 245's front and 255's rear from the factory. You might have to do a reprogram for the tire size.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Did some research and found out the rims are 9 inches wide.

Would like to put 275s on back if I can get away with it but run 245s in front.

So the question really is: what is the widest I can run safely on the stock 9" rim.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom
The difference between the diameters 245/45 and the 255/45 is minor and is well within the typically recommended 3% difference(in diameter). It's like 1.2%.

The largest tire generally recommended(and used by many) on a 9" wheel is a 275/40, which has the same diameter of the 245/45. (About 28.7")

I don't know the available rear wheel space on a 2010 SRT so can't say for sure if there would be any clearance problem. I'm sure there are many on this forum that have done it, or tried it, and will chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
You can see my setup in my signature, however the rims on the rear are 10" wide as opposed to the 9" stock rims.

I have no issues with the fronts except one...if you crank the wheel to full lock then reverse, the tire wants to drag a bit before it starts to roll. If you are already moving, even very slowly, then it never happens

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You can run 275's w/o an issue on the rears with the stock 9 inch wheels. The 255/45s
where stock on the 2010 Srt 6 speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts