Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just bought a PCP SRT in august 2010. it has 871 miles on it. its automatic. and i have made no changes at all to it, except i bought a car cover for it.
now i am looking at trading it in on a 2011 392.
what should i be looking for on the 2011 392. all i know is i need a automatic trans. should i sell my pcp srt or trade it in? the dealers that i called about this possible trade did say that the PCP color was and still is hard to find. and just what is the differance between a 6.1 hemi and the 392 car.??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Personally, I would keep the PCP car and mod it instead.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Agreed, keep the PCP. Unless you really need the extra HP and convenience differences, stick to the rare PCP, as in only 400 made!

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Is there any info on production numbers out there yet for the 2010 m.y? I'd love to know how many plum srts were actually made.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Agreed, keep the PCP. Unless you really need the extra HP and convenience differences, stick to the rare PCP, as in only 400 made!
X3-Remember no matter how big your motor someone will always have something faster. So how much is 45 HP worth to you? Unless you get a retail buyer, I bet your going to have to give a dealer $8-$10000 difference.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
id keep your PCP...i was looking for a 2010 pcp 5 months ago, but the prices werent low enough, so i ordered a IE392....you got a unique color that stands out!...keep it...

if you want more power id also mod it.....425 isnt enough?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, you guys really got me thinking. i may just keep the GRAPE after all. i really do love the car, i was just thinking that the 392 was even more rare or a better car. but then again this car is pretty awesome to.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Keep the PCP. You're going to lose major money even with the low miles on the clock. You've got a great car and I was considering trading up my '09 SRT for a new 392, but the performance difference isn't enough to eat that much money.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is there any info on production numbers out there yet for the 2010 m.y? I'd love to know how many plum srts were actually made.
939 Plum Crazy SRTs were made.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Man keep your car. I went to the dealer to see about a trade for a 2011. My car stickered at 46 n change, 2200 miles, 4k in upgrades and the trade in value to them was 33k? Alot of money to lose on a trade. You have a beautiful color,Hang on to it. GOOD LUCK with your decision.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Keep it and mod it, I just got a 2010 and thought about trading it in but its just not worth it, to me anyways.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, mine is the only one i have seen in louisiana. ive seen 2 orange,1 yellow.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
If the color is important, keep it.

If you plan on upgrading the power immediately, keep it as the tuning on the 392 could take a while.

If you want an all around better SRT right out of the chute, buy a 2011.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in Dallas I Have not seen ONE PCP in person. I'd say keep it.
I say keep it too, but dang yours makes six that I know of in Dallas including mine. Maybe we should start a local PCP club.:thumbsup:

Oh and it took them 2 weeks to find mine in October and another 2 weeks to get it here. They were hard to find then.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Agree best bet to keep the PCP, simple supercharger install would cost less than you'll lose on trade-in and will get you into the 550 hp range.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
There is one PCP SRT8 that I know of in San Antonio. Also correction to my post, I was referencing the fuchsia color. That one is only 400. Even so, the PCP color was only made, so far, one year and is highly unique.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
wow, you guys really got me thinking. i may just keep the GRAPE after all. i really do love the car, i was just thinking that the 392 was even more rare or a better car. but then again this car is pretty awesome to.
Actually the 392 itself is not rare as it is put in all 2011 SRTs. The Inaugural Editions (IEs) are rare but still not as rare as the PCP.

1100 IEs for the US
392 for Canada

So it all comes down to what do you value in each car. When you figure that part out you'll have your own answer. :)

Do the 2011s have improvements over other years...yes BUT if you wanted to you could make yours faster, handle better, etc etc if you wanted to.

It's all up to you in what you want and what makes you happy. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Given the cool PCP colour you have, and the sappy 2011 colour choices, I'd say keep it on those grounds, but I personally really want the MDS on the new 6.4's and would get the 2011, as I actually plan on driving the car (call me crazy!). It's all about what's important to you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Given the cool PCP colour you have, and the sappy 2011 colour choices, I'd say keep it on those grounds, but I personally really want the MDS on the new 6.4's and would get the 2011, as I actually plan on driving the car (call me crazy!). It's all about what's important to you.
I agree that you've gotta drive them to enjoy them, don't you?

Even if not your DD then drive regularly as a weekend car.

When I see the Mecum auction on TV and they have awesome cars with only a few hundred miles on them I wonder how the owners restrained themselves, doesn't sound like fun, does it?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts