Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last run of the day for both of us. I ran [email protected] with reaction time of .1767 and GTO ran [email protected] with reaction time of .3311. GTO owner was cool guy and ran much better earlier in the day(Best time 13.4). Funny thing was he said he had never lost to a Dodge Challenger. I guess there is a first time for everything. I also posted a vid of my wife and I racing for the first time,(on a track:)), in the picture/media/art post section but not sure how to link it. Here is the vid vs the GTO.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Not a bad time for a stock srt 6 speed. You trap speed seems a little low though. What was your 60'?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a bad time for a stock srt 6 speed. You trap speed seems a little low though. What was your 60'?

My 60' was 2.1685. My best run for the day was [email protected] with 60' of 2.1422. I still don't really know the best way to launch my car. This was my second time to the track and still don't know what my launch rpm's are because I am so focused on staging the car and watching the tree. When I rev the car, I do it by ear and it sounds like 2-3000rpm, but I am only guessing.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
It takes a lot of practice. Tires are a problem.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
If you haven't been to the track much, those are decent times. Congrats for beating the GM product.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
alan did you ever track yours before selling?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you haven't been to the track much, those are decent times. Congrats for beating the GM product.

Thanks. This was my 15th pass ever down a track. My first time out a couple months earlier, I did 8 runs with a best of [email protected] with a 60' of 2.2703. What was really impressive was my wife running [email protected] with 60' of 2.0087 on her 6th pass ever. I never knew how fun and addicting racing was before I went. Saving for the upgraded drive line, half shafts, and super charger has begun:).

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Thanks. This was my 15th pass ever down a track. My first time out a couple months earlier, I did 8 runs with a best of [email protected] with a 60' of 2.2703. I never knew how fun and addicting racing was before I went. Saving for the upgraded drive line, half shafts, and super charger has begun:).
You did good man:thumbsup: Your out there and having fun. That is the most important thing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You did good man:thumbsup: Your out there and having fun. That is the most important thing.
Thanks. It is definitely fun! It was a great family day. Both our sons(and a girlfriend) came out, packed a nice lunch, and hung out with all the other racers in between runs just shooting the breeze and admiring each others cars. The comradery amongst everyone is really cool. We can't wait to go again soon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Trans, you going is weekend....I'll be there Saturday both morning and evening racing and again on Sunday morning....those are pretty decent times with a manual my 1st pass ever I ran a 14.2......I sent a pm on the lx forums too.

I ran a 12.4 on Sunday I I think I might brea int the 11s this weekend.

Foursome easoni had to re-register here could be because I gabby posted in eons on this foru.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
alan did you ever track yours before selling?
Now that it is sold, I guess I can talk about it lol.

Did a bunch of 1/8 mile passes, and only 1 1/4 mile pass at challengerfest.

My 1/8 mile passes were all over the place.

Checked out my slips best to worst, here they are.

1/8 -
60' best 2.01 worst 2.57
1/8 best 8.754 worst 9.425

I did the 1/4 one time in Bowling Green at Challengerfest, but I tried a new launch, and it was terrible, 2.5 60 foot with a 14.2 1/4 time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just got back from the track. Ran a 12.14 with a 1.8 60' on drag radials. I will post th time slip here in a bit. Better 60' times are definately achievable. Sweet spot on these manual cars is somewhere between 4500 and 5k RPMs, you have to slip the clutch, as side stepping it will only shock the drive train and break parts. I will be heading back tot he track tonight to see if I can get into the 11's.

Trans, I will see you tomorrow at the track, should be a blast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts