Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just as the titles says, my sterio (touch) freezes and shuts off automatically, dodge said warranty expired. i just dont know what to do

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
A re-flash might be something to try to see if that will fix it.

If these go into over-temperature, it will shut down to protect the unit. These touch screen units have a cooling fan inside of them.

As another source - I've sent friend's over to these folks (you remove and ship the radio to them for repair). Reasonable prices as well.

Factory Radio Repair - M&R Electronics Inc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A re-flash might be something to try to see if that will fix it.

If these go into over-temperature, it will shut down to protect the unit. These touch screen units have a cooling fan inside of them.

As another source - I've sent friend's over to these folks (you remove and ship the radio to them for repair). Reasonable prices as well.

Factory Radio Repair - M&R Electronics Inc.

where can i get a re flash?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks!! i dont want to switch subject but i dont want to start another thread but i wanted to know how reliability of the srt8's is? any common issues i need to know about? i tried google and got nothing id prefer 100x to hear it from actual owners

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
IDK if this helps at not. My dad's Dodge Journey was acting up: turns out the Bluetooth got stuck in an endless cycle trying to connect to my phone and it'd just freeze up.

The problem solved itself when my parents left for a month and the Bluetooth completely drained the battery; this in turn cleared the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts