Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7500 kms / 6 months old. Started last night - lost about 1 cup. Oil all over on the underside back of the passenger side of the engine and under carriage. Not sure where it's coming from. Drove aprox. 250 kms last night average speed 120 kms per hr. No catch can. Off to the dealer hopefully tomorrow. Sigh... but I have an extended warranty 7 years, hopefully it's not serious, I have a need for speed lol. Anybody else?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jack it up and take a look.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Bad seal on the filter. Was replaced and 1 litre of oil, shampooed engine. Hopefully that's it. Relief!!!
Great news that it was something minor. I only mentioned oil filter because my girl did an oil change to her car in the garage the other day and the O-ring to the old filter got sandwiched with the new filter.

As she is backing down the ramps, she had the face of accomplishment and I had the face of, "oh crap, oil is shooting everywhere with the kill engine hand gesture."

It was her first time doing an oil change herself.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol that sucks, but good for her to do it on her own. I praise anyone who takes care of their car, because that usually means they won't damage mine in a parking lot lol. I'll check under my car this week. It's the only way to be sure, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts