Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the stock wiring harness is already wired for the factory 274 watt amp on a 2010? I upgraded my AM/FM/CD radio to a NAV unit and want more power to the speakers. If possible, I'd rather use a factory amp than aftermarket.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anyone know if the stock wiring harness is already wired for the factory 274 watt amp on a 2010? I upgraded my AM/FM/CD radio to a NAV unit and want more power to the speakers. If possible, I'd rather use a factory amp than aftermarket.

Check under the driver side dash to see if it there. If not, you have to go Aftermarket. Aftermarket would be much better. I would have upgraded the headunit to an aftermarket unit since there are so many options available for this year model. Unlike the 15’ and up models, you are stuck with the oem headunits. A nice 7” touch screen Apple CarPlay/Android Auto unit can be had for $300. Then use the navigation from your phone onto the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
This is also a question I would like to know the answer to. I have a 14, with a 6speaker system that I thought was amplified, but is not... I don't want an amp under my seat, and if possible would be happy enough with a stock amp in my dash. Already replaced all the speakers with Kappa. Just needs some amplification.

My Magnum has a Boston Acoustic premium sound system, I don't drive it any longer. Was wondering if the amp from that was plug and play for a swap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts