Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
does anyone know if there is something I can do to "turn on" my headlights in a day time running light type of thing?

thanks
VallejoNative45

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
If your car is a 2014 or older which I’m guessing it is, that’s something that the dealer has to do for you. I just turn mine on manually every day same thing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Thread Killer, I was assuming as such and I do the same thing just simply turn it on everytime....
have a great day

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
And it's not the headlights that are the DRLs it's the parking lights on bright like this . .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
And it's not the headlights that are the DRLs it's the parking lights on bright like this . .
Hi slidd, are you saying that the parking lights are brighter when they are activated as DRL‘s?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are absolutely right Slidd, I am actually turning on the parking lights. I like the orange glow up front like that!!

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Yes they are brighter as DRL, the same brightness as when they flash to turn. That was the factory setup.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Ok but it will be brighter than just normal park and only the two orange parking lights will illuminate, all other lights will be off. Is that what you want?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Slidd, what was your experience like when you had them turned on? Short money, short time? Thanks

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,500 Posts
Hello All,
does anyone know if there is something I can do to "turn on" my headlights in a day time running light type of thing?

thanks
VallejoNative45
DRL functionality can only be enabled with a StarScan tool, which only the dealership service depts will have. It won't take them but a couple minutes to do it, but they may charge you up to an hour of diagnostic time to do it.

If you bundle it with some other service you are paying for, you may be able to get it done for free, but don't count on it being done gratis.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Yes I agree with Nuke, the dealer had to do mine (2014) and I had agreed to pay 1 hour of labor. I had googled and printed out the directions for them and wrote on it with a sharpie in big letters Parking Brake Must Be OFF yet somehow they missed that so after almost 2 hours of messing with it they came and told me they were sorry and couldn't get it to work so they were not going to charge me. But when they brought the car around there were the big orange DRLs shining bright so that's when I figured out they didn't read what I wrote about the parking brake. My car was an M6 and if you set the parking brake it will disable the DRL. The service writer was surprised to see this feature and said that was the first car they ever did, the techs came out to look too and they felt pretty bad about missing that on the directions. Oh well, they still didn't charge me so I got mine done for free.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts

A Guy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts