1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Thanks for the head's-up. I have a 2014 so time to stop by a local dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
My buddy has a 2014. I will check his VIN! Great idea!
Thanks.
Tom.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Challenger alternator recall, can I get a refund?

Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.3 million vehicles over fire risk and wiring problems - LA Times

I just found this, about Challenger alternator recalls. It seems to cover my 2011 R/T.

Last September, at 76,500 miles, I had to replace my alternator because it stopped charging. I have the original alternator, and I have the receipt for the replacement.

Can I get a refund on it? And if so, how? Take it to the local Dodge dealer?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.3 million vehicles over fire risk and wiring problems - LA Times

I just found this, about Challenger alternator recalls. It seems to cover my 2011 R/T.

Last September, at 76,500 miles, I had to replace my alternator because it stopped charging. I have the original alternator, and I have the receipt for the replacement.

Can I get a refund on it? And if so, how? Take it to the local Dodge dealer?
You may have a chance.
See the official FCA letter below.

https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/P60.pdf

Tom.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Thanks for the link. My 2014 Challenger RT Plus was built in November 2013 and didn't have any recalls.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
228 Posts
I am wondering if the Mopar site has been updated yet for which cars are affected by this recall. The AllPar article on the expanded 5.7 alternator recall says it will begin Aug 24. I checked vin on the site for 2011 and it shows no active recalls so hopefully that stays the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just thought I would share, that I talked with a recall representative from FCA about the T36 recall on the 5.7L alternator, and they said that it will affect 2011-2014, RTs but the recall has yet to be assigned to any specific VIN numbers yet., Therefore, there is currently no info available as to which specific vehicles may or may not be part of the recall. They said that Info would not be available for probably another two weeks. So the website in the above link will not show any info on this recall yet since it has not been updated yet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Time to check again, my '14, as of this morning, now shows as it is subject to the T36 alternator recall.
Guess I should be glad it didn't die in the middle of the desert...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just checked the Dodge Dashboard site for my 2011 RT VIN and it now shows it is included in the T36 alternator recall. It says that no parts are available yet, so now I guess we wait some more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No, I checked my VIN and my 2013 R/T is affected. So 5.7 HEMI's are also affected.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,205 Posts
FCA is still researching this. I just went through 2 alternators in 2 weeks, and they told me at the dealer's about the coming recall for the alternator diodes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I went here: http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/Recall.html
Input my VIN# and sure enough, my 2014 RT is included in the T36 recall. So, I go over to the Dodge dealer and ask to schedule an appointment for them to perform the recall. Well, I was told they can't schedule it because there aren't any parts available (which it also said on the recall website but I was curious as to how they'd handle it)...., I went in person because I didn't feel like doing the phone transfer tag game. Short answer, they told me they'll call me when they have the parts. I asked why they posted a recall if they don't have parts to perform the repair/replace? His reply was that they "have to legally let you know you're driving around at your own risk". I asked if the alternator causes my car to burn to the ground will FCA pay for a new car?, to which he replied "they'll replace the alternator". Typical dealership response...... And PLEASE, DODGE CARES...., please don't waste my time (or yours) with one of those "I feel your pain, PM me and I'll make everything ok" posts. I'm done with FCA after this car..... plus they'll be Chinese owned soon anyway which would have caused the same result..... :|

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My 2014 RT is also on the recall list. I love this car and just because there is a recall doesn't mean that I hate the car. Almost EVERY car out there will have some sort of recall on at some point in time. I would only be pissed if my car was out of service for an extended period of time and no loaner was given. I recently had my ABS and traction control light come on from a failed speed sensor. Dealer took care of it in a day and I only paid my deductible on my lifetime warranty.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts