Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking on the forum for a while but only just now joined. My father in law has been looking at SRT Challengers for a couple years and is now ready to pull the trigger. He is considering new but since this will be a daily driver I thought a used SRT with low miles might be a better option.

He will be buying automatic and not a core model. He is already talking about what modifications he will make and I'm guessing that some performance mods may impact the warranty, another reason to possibly look at used. When I showed him the price difference between the new and used, he said he would consider it as long as he knew he wasn't going to miss out on anything major offered on the newer models. So that's my question, does anyone know off hand or at least where I can find out what the differences are from year to year?

Thanks,
Len

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Very subtle minor tweaks

1. THIS IS HUGE: Timing Chain ISSUE for Autos is fixed on 13-14 Models RT's. Not sure it was ever an issue for SRT's (some people think it's MDS related).

2. Red Seats/interior accents available on 13 14 models

3. RT's can get SRT seats on 13/14

4. STP available on SXT's 12-14

·
Registered
127 Posts
2011 - only had single stage shocks, which are the same shocks used in the current core models. 2012 + had adaptive suspension (ie track mode), and paddle shifters on steering wheel. Could also get a heated wheel as well. I believe 2013 and up have launch control depending on when it was built. I have a 2011 and a friend of mine has a 2013, and with the exception of the paddle shifters, all the options I could do with out.

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
For SRTs

*'11 was the debut of the 6.4 engine for the SRT (470hp vs. 425hp for 6.1)
-spoiler is body color vs. satin black for prior years
-new IE wheel
(colors unique for '11: Green With Envy*, Toxic Orange, Deep Water Blue (first time for SRT8)
[limited avail of Redline 3-coat Pearl and Brilliant Black Pearl for much of '11 production...supplier issues with pearl compound "Xirilliac" with disruption of plant operations in Japan]

*'12 added
-paddle shifters for automatic
-heated steering wheel
-2 mode Bilstein suspension
-Premium Sound audio (HK 900W) replaces Kicker audio option
-430 radio / 430N optional
(colors unique for '12: Header Orange, Blue Streak Pearl, Stinger Yellow* (Yellow Jacket package only). Pitch Black replaces Brilliant Black Pearl.

*'13 added
-3 mode Bilstein suspension
-rear parking sensors
-Radar red interior option
-Vapor Black chrome wheel option
-forged '08-'11 style Alcoa 20" wheel discontinued
(colors unique for '13: Hemi Orange*, Plum Crazy Pearl*)

*'14
-Core model introduced
-launch control feature (both transmissions)
(colors unique for '14: Plum Crazy Pearl*, Torred re-introduced, last used in '10)

The colors mentioned are unique to a given model year or limited availability* (not offered for entire model year).

The standard colors are offered across many trims and throughout the model year or continue year to year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the good info, that is exactly what I was looking for. After seeing the changes from year to year as well as talking to the dealer again, he has decided to wait for the 2015 models. Once Dodge releases all the info and makes them available to spec we will get one on order. We live in the north east US so I am hoping that this can happen early fall before the snow flys.

Thanks again for the responses!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think '11 was the first year of climate control as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts