Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, cant find the info......there are 2 different 20in chrome wheels available on the 2011, the pictures are in the sales brochure, however they are both identified as 20 in chrome while they are definately different. There is no mention of how to choose which rim you want of the two. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The only 20" chrome clad wheels I've seen are these.

I've not see any true chromed ones.

Wish I had a brochure.

Edit: found the brochure. All I've seen is the above (#03 in the brochure). I don't think I've ever seen #05.
Not particularly fond of either. I just can't get past the fact that it's chromed plastic bonded to the wheel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The chrome clad wheels pictured above are an option on the R/T and the actual chrome wheels come standard with the R/T Classic. I don't think you can get the classic wheels on another model and there's no choice if you get a classic.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had the same question. The only thing I could figure out is that one 20" is for the SE Rallye Super Sport Group and the other is for the R/T

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
z01....Im not talking about the classic 20s, those are available as well. Im talking about #5 in brochure, they are different from the ones in the pic above, but are not the cragar classic style, I have seen them on one car and actually like them best, trying to figure how to be sure how to figure which is which.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same question. The only thing I could figure out is that one 20" is for the SE Rallye Super Sport Group and the other is for the R/T
I have seen the #5 on one Rt at a dealer, never on any other car....it had track pack, could that be the difference?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I thought that #5 was a new design of the Chrome Clad for 2011. I have seen it on a 2011 R/T at a dealer also. The #3 looks like the Chrome Clad that came on 09 & 10 R/T's. Maybe # 3 is still available. You do realize that the chrome part is plastic.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought that #5 was a new design of the Chrome Clad for 2011. I have seen it on a 2011 R/T at a dealer also. The #3 looks like the Chrome Clad that came on 09 & 10 R/T's. Maybe # 3 is still available. You do realize that the chrome part is plastic.
Yes, I do know they are clad, but thanks...........and I agree about the timeline. Seems in my searching that the cars built after Jan 1 all have the new style rims, which I personally like better. They look more like the srt rims, they give some dimension to the wheels. Cant find what Im looking for anyway, so I ordered today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where can you get a det of the new SRT8 rims with black pockets? I would love to add them to my lady...

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think the old chrome clads (#3) are optional on the SE now and the new ones (#5) are for the R/T.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I searched, cant find the info......there are 2 different 20in chrome wheels available on the 2011, the pictures are in the sales brochure, however they are both identified as 20 in chrome while they are definately different. There is no mention of how to choose which rim you want of the two. Anyone know?
I'm certain #3 is the 2009-10 chrome clad & #5 is the 2011-14 chrome clad. The brochure may have been printed before equipment was finalized.

Edit: I notice now this is a revived thread.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the 'black' (smoke?) chrome clad Redline rims... but of all the choices, IMO the polished aluminum classic is far and away the best looking. My father in law has a '14 Charger SE with an optional wheel that I think would also look good on the Challenger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts