Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to forum and new to Dodge. Been viewing for a few weeks.

I think I want to get a 392. I have offers from two dealership:

(1) $500 off MSRP but the car has 800 miles on it from the owner of the dealership.

(2) MSRP fresh off the truck.

Is this the best I can expect for a new SRT these days? Should I hold out for better offers? Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks guys you all seem like a great lot and many posts have answered many questions.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
It all depends on where you live. I got mine for less than MSRP where Im at but some places will not deal with you and stay with MSRP. Right now most places will sell it for invoice or less than invoice which is around 2 grand less than MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
16,767 Posts
Most dealers want MSRP or more for 2011 IEs. If you wait until the newness wears off or shop dealers out-of-state, you can get them for less.

When I bought my 2009 SRT in Dec. 2008, most dealers were adding "market adjustments" to the MSRP. I got a fair deal by paying only MSRP from Bob Frederick. Six months later, dealers were discounting the SRTs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Dallas and have searched OK, DFW, Austin, Houston, Western Texas, and parts of AR/LA. I really am scared to get an I.E. due to my taste for the white seats. I am looking for Black or Red with some specific items.

I guess the paint mess is making these things a little more rare these days and dealers know it.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I Got mine for $500 over invoice and am told that is the norm for this Dealership. I have ordered the 2011 GWE SRT.

If you need any info on the dealership let me know, Color choices are limiting factor if you order instead of buying one of the lot, Invoice is the number you want use not MSRP for pricing. I had to order mine out of state because the dealers up here would not drop there price. I am glad I did, I saved $5000.00

When my car comes in I will fly in, the Dealer is picking me up at the airport and putting me a hotel for the night on there dime!

I plan on having an awsome road trip home in the best road car I have owned! AK907:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I got mine for 5K off MSRP and they gave me pretty much top buck for my trade in, got $16,700.00 trade in on my 07 300C with 35k miles on it.

I think I did "ok"

·
Registered
355 Posts
I plan on having an awsome road trip home in the best road car I have owned! AK907:thumbsup:
Thats gonna be the road trip of your life as your smile will be glowing brighter than that GWE paint! Seriously, I've owned many new performance cars, but my new 392 makes my heart skip a beat like no other I've owned. My thoughts are with all who ordered GWE's and are still waiting and I hope you have yours soon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi all, new to forum and new to Dodge. Been viewing for a few weeks.

I think I want to get a 392. I have offers from two dealership:

(1) $500 off MSRP but the car has 800 miles on it from the owner of the dealership.

(2) MSRP fresh off the truck.

Is this the best I can expect for a new SRT these days? Should I hold out for better offers? Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks guys you all seem like a great lot and many posts have answered many questions.
I guess alot has to do with what area you are from but one thing you have to realize is that even if the dealer sells you a car at "invoice", he is still getting the 3% holdback from Chrysler which for most SRT8's is 1300 - 1400 dollars. With that said, a car that he has in inventory costs him more because of things like interest the dealr pays for cars on hand, advertising etc... If you factory order a car, it is a guaranteed sell for a dealer and he will not have to stock the car, run ads for it, or pay interest on it until it sells. Thats why you can often get a better deal on a factory order and some dealers will sell the car below invoice. In my case I ordered my 2011 SRT8 at 500 below invoice, but the dealer still makes about 900.00 which I consider a fair profit for something that is there and gone in less than a day and costs him nothing to inventory. As far as cars on their lot, the deal you get will also depend on where we are in the model year. If it is getting close to the end of the run where 2012's will be showing up , then you should be able to negotiate a similar deal on a in stock car as well. No dealer will want to have 2011's sitting on the lot when 2012's start showing up. Either way, good luck and make sure you post pics when you land that beast!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
$2,600 off sticker

had multiple offers for $2000-2,600 off

had 1 offer for invoice, but car was damaged

paying sticker is crazy right now...dont do it

go to cars.com and ask every dealer w/in 100 miles for a price..you will get multiple offers for around invoice

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,034 Posts
No trade in? If this a is a straight buy it is to much.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I got a great deal from Lee Brown at Baxter and great service. Great guys to deal with. Paid a little over 46k for my loaded white IE. Shipped it to me basically for free too. Car is perfect. Anybody at or near MSRP is not competitive enough.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My sticker was just a bit over $46k but I paid $43k out the door (taxes, title, etc included). Black with silver stripes, 6 speed pretty much loaded but it came with the wrong wheels and missing the appearance group I ordered. They gave me about $4k off on the spot for the mess up, installed the correct wheels and bought the appearance group for me since at no cost.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can anyone offer a link to a thread that is a good checklist of items to go through for 2011 392s (or challengers in general) upon delivery of a car? Trying to do research but can't find anything with search menu.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My sticker was just a bit over $46k but I paid $43k out the door (taxes, title, etc included). Black with silver stripes, 6 speed pretty much loaded but it came with the wrong wheels and missing the appearance group I ordered. They gave me about $4k off on the spot for the mess up, installed the correct wheels and bought the appearance group for me since at no cost.
Let me get these numbers straight...For a 2011 392 with options you paid...

43k including tax and title means about 39k for the car, then you got 4k off for the wrong wheels etc. bringing it to 35k-ish, THEN they bought you the right wheels and appearance group for, guessing, a value of around 2k (maybe no cost to them)...so they paid 4k for a penalty you didn't suffer since they corrected it out of their own pocket....I guess it's possible, but so is winning the lottery technically. I'm tempted to call BS, but you just may be the luckiest guy I've ever heard of regarding their deal on a 392 and I wouldn't want to insult the universe's pick for the "best 392 deal ever" on the slim chance I'd be wrong...so all I can say is congrats and enjoy.

Now the rest of us can get back to dealing with average guy reality, which is pretty good still considering most of us here are the happy owner of a 392, even if we did pay, cough, a little more, cough....

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I was just going to say "46K isn't loaded" my MSRP was almost 49.... :) And there are still a few options I don't have (not many).

Hey if he got that deal, God Bless him! I'd have to rub his head for luck :)

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Get the color, stereo, sunroof and any other options you think you want and pull the trigger. Regardless of price if you see something you like better later, you won't be as happy as saving 2 or 3 Grand. I know when the dude in the yellow camaro or the 5.0 I pull up next to or I'm passing, the guy and his girlfriend seem a little "Green with Envy" (although I'm an IE guy). I don't envy one of those guys, I love #703 and I'm sticking with her! 392 all the way, you're gonna have a blast. Mine's a daily driver in San Diego and everytime I fire it up, I have ZERO regrets. Good luck on your search brother!:redcap:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey if he got that deal, God Bless him! I'd have to rub his head for luck :)
Yup, I'm with you. no room for hate in the love room. Just amazed, or amused, can't tell which. Kev, the line to rub your head for luck is growing! There's a GWE thread you should check in on...they could use ya over there. As for parachuting? Yes, I will have to pack my own chute, but I'll still jump with ya. Enjoy.

Yoda! The world could end tomorrow! If it does, I want to be driving my 392! (wife and kids in the car too of course!) Get your dang Challenger!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.