Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the car come with the 430 (w/o nav) media center, is it a pretty straight fwd procedure to switch to a 430N or 730N?

Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
If the car come with the 430 (w/o nav) media center, is it a pretty straight fwd procedure to switch to a 430N or 730N?

Thanks!
It is pretty much plug and play. I changed my 130 to a 430 and it went very easily. The N has an extra connection for the nav antenna but it should be staightforward.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have made my question a bit clear... "if the car has Sound 2 w/ 430, is it already pre-wired for 430N"... since you stated that for the N, there's a an extra connection for the nav... is the nav connection already wired and you just need to plug it in?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a website that sells these (besides the stealership)?

Doesn't look like there's that carries these as everyday products..

I am looking for these specifically,

RHB-430N
RHR-730N

·
Premium Member
390 Posts

RHB-430N
RHR-730N
Have to buy them from the dealer, there is also a process to installing the 730 that you needs to be done at the dealer.

·
Registered
146 Posts

RHB-430N
RHR-730N
You can buy both units from these guys: 430N and 730N. Send them an email with your VIN and they'll let you know exactly what needs to be done with your car to upgrade the factory unit to a new MyGig, including GPS antennas, uConnect pieces, microphones on the rearview mirror, or whatever else.

Otherwise you can find used units on eBay pretty easily as people pull them to install aftermarket units.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks, that's who I have found as well... i don't think i would need the uConnect or microphone as the car is built with Sound group 2.... does this sound about right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey, thanks, that's who I have found as well... i don't think i would need the uConnect or microphone as the car is built with Sound group 2.... does this sound about right?
If you already have uConnect you probably won't need this stuff, but send those guys your VIN anyway and make sure.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
You can buy both units from these guys: 430N and 730N. Send them an email with your VIN and they'll let you know exactly what needs to be done with your car to upgrade the factory unit to a new MyGig, including GPS antennas, uConnect pieces, microphones on the rearview mirror, or whatever else.

Otherwise you can find used units on eBay pretty easily as people pull them to install aftermarket units.
FYI that is a different radio, That is the RER Radio not the RHR.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just swapped the 230 for a 430N in my 2011 Dakota. These guys sell refurbs w/warranty or brand new and they only do mopar radios - very helpful. Whole thing took an hour. Give them a call and tell them what you are doing and they'll get you set up.

OEM Auto Parts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Whether you have SoundGroup II or not, if you already have the 430 RBZ radio from the factory, you have the wiring already in place to directly plug in a 430N radio except you are missing the NAV antenna which you would need to buy - it installs in the dash according to Chrysler. If you have an auto dimming rear view mirror and came in your car, the microphone is there and would be wired ready for the radio - the Uconnect and voice command (bluetooth, controlling the radio by your voice and the USB port in the console all are options that come separately for the 430 and the 430N. Stick with the 430N radio that was made for Challengers unless you know someone that can reprogram the radio you get.

·
Registered
251 Posts
whats the difference between

RHB-430N
RHR-730N

·
Registered
93 Posts
I called Chrysler and asked that question. They said: The 430N has Garmin Navigation. The 730 has another vendor's Nav. The 430N does NOT speak the street directions - the 730 does.
If this is inaccurate - well it came from Chrysler and is the reason I skipped the 430N for the 430. When I called back in Feb this year, there were no 430N's anywhere near me to go check for myself.
There are other differences too but this is the only one I was told about with any certainty. Oh- one more. For 2011, there are a lot of incompatibility issues with IPOD and IPhone products with the 430 series but not with the 730. A patch is coming - but it has been coming since early February - again I get this information from Chrysler - this time from their website.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the info. From what it looks like, the MyGig radio installed in my 2009 SRT is the 730N. However, I remember someone saying that this radio can stream audio via Bluetooth and I don't think that my radio can do that unless it depends on the type of audio device being used, i.e. iPhone.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks for the info. From what it looks like, the MyGig radio installed in my 2009 SRT is the 730N. However, I remember someone saying that this radio can stream audio via Bluetooth and I don't think that my radio can do that unless it depends on the type of audio device being used, i.e. iPhone.

Don't know about the 730N, but the RHB 430N in our 2011 streams audio via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My wife's Android based phone, I think its call a MyTouch 3G Slide by HTC.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts