Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their 2011 Challenger upgraded by the Dealer from a 430N with Garmin Nav to the 730N RHR currently available on the latest shipments of 11 Challengers? I'm in the process of negotiating the purchase of a 2011 SRT8 IE which came standard with the 430N because the 730 RHR was not available at the time. If you have had the upgrade installed can you provide me a part # for the kit and what the Dealer charged you it will be very helpful. Are there any significant functional advantages or improvements in Audio provided by having a 730N RHR? I'm trying to get the Dealer to include the upgrade as part of the deal but they don't seem to have the knowledge on what it would take to get the job done. Thanks for you help.
Mike

·
Registered
891 Posts
Its just my opinion, and its only worth 2, maybe 3 cents, but that would not be an upgrade to me, as I find Garmin GPS unit far superior to anything out there, including the Chrysler(?) On in the 730 unit. As far as audio, I thought they were the same that way between the 430 and the 730, but maybe I'm wrong?? Anyone else got input here?

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I had an RER unit (aka pre-2011 730n) in my Charger R/T and liked the unit, comparing it to the 430N (RHB) in my IE... well let me put it this way: The 430n is a MAJOR downgrade compared to the RER, from what I've read the 2011 730N (RHR) is an upgraded version of the RER. (quicker unit, BT audio streaming, Travel Link, etc.)

I think my biggest beef with the 430N is that it doesn't work properly with my iPhone 4, both USB playback and Bluetooth audio streaming are completely borked.

The dealership is going to get in contact with Chrysler to see if there's a fix, but it you do a google search for "430N ipod skipping" or "430N iPod error" you'll see (as I did) that this is a fairly wide spread issue...

·
Registered
146 Posts
The latest RHB update adds Sirius Travel Link and reportedly helps with streaming from iPhone 4. Streaming A2DP from my Android device works great. It still doesn't (nor apparently will it ever) offer Sirius Traffic.

·
Registered
891 Posts
So the 430 1nd the 730 are different units then? Makes sense. So is the 430 supposed to be able to stream BT audio? I'm looking at getting the 430 because of the Garmin nav, but I would love to be able to stream from my iTouch. Can you load the HD from your iTouch/iPod?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Can you load the HD from your iTouch/iPod?
No, because of DRM on the iTouch/iPod not the radio. You would have to load the music from your PC to a thumb drive then to the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts