Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of the 2011 center caps that say "DODGE" on my 2010 R/T with the 20 inch chrome clad wheels and I have to say a big improvement over the Ram head. Fit is perfect. I guess I can live with the one on the front bumper and the steering wheel. I would change the one on the bumper if I could find one in chrome that said "DODGE" on it. I'll keep my eyes open for that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi SGILLIAM2, I was wondering if you could tell me where you bought those center caps and ordering info....thanks in advance...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them from my local Chrysler dealer here in Raleigh, NC. I ordered them on Monday and got them Tuesday. The part# is 1SK35SZ0AA. I paid about $6.50 each with a discount for working at a dealership.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My caps (and exhaust tips) should be here tomorrow:browsmiley: Do these just pop out or do you have to remove the wheels to get them off?:scratchhead:

I put a set of the 2011 center caps that say "DODGE" on my 2010 R/T with the 20 inch chrome clad wheels and I have to say a big improvement over the Ram head. Fit is perfect. I guess I can live with the one on the front bumper and the steering wheel. I would change the one on the bumper if I could find one in chrome that said "DODGE" on it. I'll keep my eyes open for that.
Yeah, +1 to that.
I'm kinda sorry to see them get rid of the badge on the front facia for 2011. Had they kept it, they would've changed the design and maybe it could've been retrofitted to the 2008-2010 models.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Mark, you have to remove the wheels and pound them out with a piece of wood about the size of a broom handle. The new ones will slip back in. Odd that you wanted the nose badge. In the last year, I think I have heard more negative comments on it than positive. I wish I had the plane one. Also wish I would have left off the front plate as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark,
I popped mine out with a pocket flat edge screwdriver. If you look around the cap on the wheel you will find a spot where a small flat end screwdriver will gently fit. Then gently pry around the cap and it will pop out. Take your time and you can swap these out without scratching your wheels. It took me less than 10 minutes for all 4 and believe me if I can do it anybody can.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Mark, you have to remove the wheels and pound them out with a piece of wood about the size of a broom handle. The new ones will slip back in. Odd that you wanted the nose badge. In the last year, I think I have heard more negative comments on it than positive. I wish I had the plane one. Also wish I would have left off the front plate as well.
Mark,
I popped mine out with a pocket flat edge screwdriver. If you look around the cap on the wheel you will find a spot where a small flat end screwdriver will gently fit. Then gently pry around the cap and it will pop out. Take your time and you can swap these out without scratching your wheels. It took me less than 10 minutes for all 4 and believe me if I can do it anybody can.

Thanks for the help guys:bigthumb:

walnetto, it was a little confusing on how I had written my last post so I need to explain my stance a little better I think, LOL:)
I would prefer that no front nose badge be on the car at all, that is true, but mine has one (like the other 2008-2010 cars). Given that "dilema", I had figured if Dodge still had nose badges on the 2011's, they would've changed them out also and I could've retrofitted that badge just like the new Dodge wheel caps...... pretty much a "what if" secenario:thumbsup: I should also say that even though I do like the look of a lot of the custom aftermarket aluminum badges that owners had put on in place of the stock rams head badge, I feel uneasy about having a chunk of aluminum taped to the nose of my car:notallthere:....I know, I know, but thats just me. So I guess you could say that I was hoping for a new dodge "clip on" nose badge.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
"So I guess you could say that I was hoping for a new dodge "clip on" nose badge."

You're right on there!

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
Why not the Mopar nose badge used on the Mopar 10 cars?:dunno:
It's plastic.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I just mentioned in another thread that I like the modern design of the ram, especially the aggressive look of it on the nose badge. :cool:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Why not the Mopar nose badge used on the Mopar 10 cars?:dunno:
It's plastic.
Now that is a great idea!!:bigthumb: I never would've considered that, thanks Blue R/T:guiness: Now I have to see if I can find a part number for one of those badges.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Heres mine from Bt, looks great!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts