Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, looking at the 2011 Dodge brochure you can still get a SRT8 with the 2008-2010 wheels so their must be a new center cap that will fit without the stupid goat head. Does anyone know what the part number is?

Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
474 Posts
OK, looking at the 2011 Dodge brochure you can still get a SRT8 with the 2008-2010 wheels so their must be a new center cap that will fit without the stupid goat head. Does anyone know what the part number is?

Thanks
Jack
I have tracked this down and I think what I am going to tell you is 100%. There is only 1 part # for the 2011 center cap for the SRT wheels. How can this be since the IE wheels have a larger center cap then the 08-10 wheels? One would have to think that there is a part # for the 2011 08-10 type SRT wheels since it has a cnter cap that says Dodge and not the rams head.

It appears that the 08-10 type wheels have been changed for 2011 and the hole for the center cap has been enlarged to accept the 1 common center cap with the word Dodge.

It is hard to believe that machining was changed so as to utilize a common center cap but that appears to be what has happened. I am keeping an eye out at the Dodge dealership near me for a 2011 SRT with 08-10 SRT type wheels so I can see this with my own eyes but from all I have researched the 08-10 SRT wheel has been changed for 2011 and now has a larger dia hole for the cntr. cap.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tracked this down and I think what I am going to tell you is 100%. There is only 1 part # for the 2011 center cap for the SRT wheels. How can this be since the IE wheels have a larger center cap then the 08-10 wheels? One would have to think that there is a part # for the 2011 08-10 type SRT wheels since it has a cnter cap that says Dodge and not the rams head.

It appears that the 08-10 type wheels have been changed for 2011 and the hole for the center cap has been enlarged to accept the 1 common center cap with the word Dodge.

It is hard to believe that machining was changed so as to utilize a common center cap but that appears to be what has happened. I am keeping an eye out at the Dodge dealership near me for a 2011 SRT with 08-10 SRT type wheels so I can see this with my own eyes but from all I have researched the 08-10 SRT wheel has been changed for 2011 and now has a larger dia hole for the cntr. cap.

If your correct that stinks

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

Thanks
Jack
Why do people dislike the ram? I like the modern design, especially how aggressive it looks on the nose badge. :indifferent:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Call Bob Frederick at 330-550-5432. He will find out for ya. I asked him over a month ago about getting them for my 2010 R/T Classic. He looked into it and ordered them for me that day.

Kevin

·
Registered
474 Posts
Call Bob Frederick at 330-550-5432. He will find out for ya. I asked him over a month ago about getting them for my 2010 R/T Classic. He looked into it and ordered them for me that day.

Kevin
The 08-10 SRT wheels uses a different size center cap than the RT Classic. The center cap used on the 08-10 SRT wheel us smaller.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The 08-10 SRT wheels uses a different size center cap than the RT Classic. The center cap used on the 08-10 SRT wheel us smaller.
I understand that, what I'm trying to say is no one else knew the part number for the RT Classic until some of us asked Bob.

So if these center caps are that important to you all I'am suggesting you call Bob b/c he is has a lot of info and contacts at Chrysler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts