JFF

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Still not completely ready.

No Green With Envy color choice in the "Build My Own" section.:scratchhead:

Sheeeeeeeesh.

JFF
When it does appear, I bet it shows up only as an "option" on the last page similar to B5 ("Spring Special Edition option"), DY, or PCP did.
Or, it might show up under the model selection as "SRT8 Green With Envy" like FF did.
I doubt it will simply be listed as one of the color choices.

Also, they haven't updated the sample photos on it either. It still only shows a dual hood stripe--not over-the-roof.

What we really need, is for the guy who built this:

Challenger Concept Painter - Top Speed

to update it with the 2011 colors and striping options. Who knows, maybe dodge can hire him or buy it and put it on their builder page.

·
Banned
557 Posts
How come they're now charging extra for the automatic?
This was one of the biggest changes for 2011. I suspect there are multiple reasons. The competition is setup the same way, 6-speeds are base and you pay extra for automatics. I suspect another reason is because they sold a boat load of automatics (at least in my area -- as 6-speeds are VERY rare) and trying to capitalize on the ability to make an extra $1k per automatic sold.

Those are just my guesses. As a person who would prefer to have a 6-speed, I am glad to see the change. Although for me it's a moot point as I bought a 2010.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I like how, whichever model you choose, it's "starting MSRP $24,670"! If only...

·
Registered
653 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
This was one of the biggest changes for 2011. I suspect there are multiple reasons. The competition is setup the same way, 6-speeds are base and you pay extra for automatics. I suspect another reason is because they sold a boat load of automatics (at least in my area -- as 6-speeds are VERY rare) and trying to capitalize on the ability to make an extra $1k per automatic sold.

Those are just my guesses. As a person who would prefer to have a 6-speed, I am glad to see the change. Although for me it's a moot point as I bought a 2010.
Also they are setting the path for the 8 speed auto coming at the end of the year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts