Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, another year gone by and still no Challenger RT.

Last year I tried getting a 2010 Chally around SWPA but couldn't put up with the arrogant, price-gouging dealerships here.

So this past weekend I went to 2 local dealerships and I see things haven't changed.

The sales guy at the first dealership was acting like he was selling Porche 911 Turbos and I actually said, "Hey guy, I'm looking for a Dodge not a Porche..." That didn't stop him though...he went on and on about how "classic" these cars are and how with the Challenger, you are "investing" not buying a car. I couldn't get him below 39k for a reasonably optioned R/T.

The guys at the second dealership was all over the place. One minute he's giving me the "classic car" sales pitch, the next he's almost desperate to get me to sign. But I couldn't get him below 36k for an R/T.

Any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I just drove out to Ohio to get mine :)

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Search inventory online in different states, and you will have better chances. More than likely they will pay for delivery of the car, that's how they did it with me.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I had a deal inked on a Toxic beast in NC... I told them either they deliver it free of charge and take my trade in back down with them, or I wasn't doing the deal. They were going to waive the $750 delivery fee.. But while we were on the phone, someone in the show room bought the car (supposedly) so the sales guy was going to find me another one..

A few days later I found my own :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i searched inventory and found one about 2 1/2 hours away for the same reason. i have better luck buying cars from dealers in other states because here in Pa. they think they have gold. then i make it a point to go back, with the new car and let them know their not the only game in town.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
That's an unbelievable high price. Like someone else said, go out of state; your local dealer still has to service it whether you bought it there or not. Service is where they make their $$$$$ anyhow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got mine at laurel valley motors , Latrobe , PA
Laurel Valley Motors | Latrobe, PA | Chrysler & Dodge Dealer in Pennsylvania

Brant J Schroyer
Sales Manager
724-539-5500
[email protected]

Tell them Tim told you to call , I bought the Blackberry R/T Classic.

I got them to math the price from another dealer in silver springs , MD DARCARS they will take more off of this price once you email them and ask for best price.

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealer DARCARS Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Silver Spring located in Silver Spring MD

·
Registered
47 Posts
I visited Philly dealers in dec 2009 when I was shopping but they were hard to bargain with. Ended up going to Hertrich Dodge on the eastern shore of MD, not too far from Philly really and got a good deal and was treated like a human being. Very impressed and I recommend them highly. Bought a 2010 R/T optioned like I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Tim,

Have I seen you out? I'm always cruising through Mt Pleasant. I've seen the white IE that was purchased at Laurel (the owner's son messages me on Youtube). Have you seen me rolling through the Pleasant? I'm the only Toxic Orange SRT8 around that I know of, so far :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do you order a car from an out-of-town dealership? Do you just call and say I'd like a certain car? Or do you have to go to a local dealership, and have them order from the out-of-town one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys-

I just spent a few weeks going through this process. Here's what I did: 1) Used the Dodge.com website to locate inventory. It'll go up to 200 miles of your zip. 2) I also used eBay for comparison's sake (I found the DARCARS franchise previously mentioned through there). 3) Also, if you find something you're interested in, go on the dealer's site and do the "Make Offer" thing. I was surprised how quickly they all respond. I was looking for an R/T Classic over $36k, so I offered $32k to all of them.

I am located in Williamsport, and we have the Fairfield/Kaiser Bros. franchise here. They are a Hurst dealer, and make a big deal out of that, so they always have Challengers in and out, from the basic to the insane $75k ones. I sort of know a guy there through my dad dealin w/ him. AFter I found a couple at dealers in Scranton and Allentown, but couldn't really deal with them directly, I emailed the guy at Kaiser's the link and he got me the one from Scranton for a grand less then the dealership there would give me.

Now this was on a 2011. But, I also did the "make offer" on some leftover '10's, loaded w/ nav and stickered for almost $40k. One dealer go to $30k, the other one $31k, but I fell in love w/ the Toxic Orange, so I went with an '11.

You may have to drive a little bit to get a deal. Or, if you find a local dealer and have somewhat of a connection there, they may get it for you. My guy sent his retired drivers the 90 mins. and brought mine back.

If you want one of these, I suggest you make it happen. Had mine since Mon night, and it's AMAZING!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just don't get the Dodge dealership mentality...I've test driven 2 new 5.0 Mustangs and a new Camaro SS. I didn't have a problem with either of dealership. But these SWPA Dodge salespeople act like they are sitting on gold and only the right type of person can buy their cars.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tim,

Have I seen you out? I'm always cruising through Mt Pleasant. I've seen the white IE that was purchased at Laurel (the owner's son messages me on Youtube). Have you seen me rolling through the Pleasant? I'm the only Toxic Orange SRT8 around that I know of, so far :)
I have not seen you yet and I've only seen the white IE a few times.

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
How do you order a car from an out-of-town dealership? Do you just call and say I'd like a certain car? Or do you have to go to a local dealership, and have them order from the out-of-town one?
Thanks!
I ordered my SRT out-of-state from Bob Frederick. You simply agree on a price with the out-of-state dealer and decide on delivery- you can either pick it up, have it delivered to your house (for a fee), or have it "drop-shipped" to your local dealer (for a much smaller fee).

·
Registered
97 Posts
do like everyone says find on line and call them thats what i did. the car was 2 hours away and they delivered the car to my door the next day after i went down and did the paperwork. The local in town dealer was mad but thats the way the world is working now it seems Its a buyers market and they need to move the vehicles ,if its not your price walk off and find your price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where did you go? I got quotes from two local dealerships that came in pretty nice on a 2011, and that was without any haggling at all. Try Cranberry Dodge or Krebs Dodge on et 8.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I have not seen you yet and I've only seen the white IE a few times.

I'm out a lot, my Toxy just turned 5K miles :)

I'm sure I will see you cruising around!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts