Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me find the right sound for my dream car!! Dreaming of having one since they came out and finally am the proud owner of a Toxic Orange 2011 R/T Classic automatic.

I am so stoked, but really surprised how quiet it is stock. Definitely looking for a little extra rumble.
Already has a Mopar cold air induction.

Looking to add something that sounds mean when your on it, but doesn't set off every car alarm in the neighborhood while cruising.

A little strapped after my initial purchase is there a way to do this reasonably on an automatic?
(Read about the drone on automatics with deletes.)

Please help

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,100 Posts
I'm loving the Flowmaster Force II system on my '10 A5 Challenger.

Nice low rumble at idle, outstanding "roar" at WOT, but a nice almost stock, cabin volume at cruising speeds. No drone.

Perfect set up for me, and I would so it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2013 R/T with the Auto Trans. I put Zoomers cat-back exhaust on my car and WOW. Nice deep rumble at idle and roars at WOT, but calm at cruising. NO drone, and I can't even tell when the MDS kicks in.

I also hear good things about Solo Mach X and SLP Loudmouth II.

Whatever route you take, let the exhaust grow on you for at least 1000 miles. When I first put on the Zoomers, it was borderline too much. The sound became more refined over time.

Reactions: Speedlogix

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice car choice. I've got the same thing, except mine's a Plus.

I've got Blastin' Bob's Magnaflow glasspacks right now, but I'm going to get the Flowmaster Force II system that 19johned53 mentioned. I like the sound of that system for the $$.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I got the Borla S-type and love it. It's a little pricey but you can usually find it for less than a thousand on Ebay....great sound...loud like I like it..and the system comes with great quad exhaust tips...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am wanting an exhaust on my R/T Auto aswell.. I am thinking Borla or Corsa..Did any of the guys above tune out MDS or if not , is it bad with the exhaust? I am wanting to tune mine out if I do a cat back I believe. Need to hear it first.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It depends on your idea of loud and if you can handle the drone. Some good suggestions so far. If it were me I would delete the resonators and then replace the mufflers with some Thrush glasspacks. Or if you think the drone is going to be an issue Dynomax VT mufflers.

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
228 Posts
Awesome car. I have the same car. Even in the Toxic Orange. I went with a resonator delete and two Flowmaster 40s. It sounds great for what I wanted. I am used to some drone from my Ram, but I was surprised it wasn't as bad in my challenger as some made it out to be. There is some minimal times of drone, but it sure does sound good at idle and when I get on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Zoomers!!

I have a 2013 R/T with the Auto Trans. I put Zoomers cat-back exhaust on my car and WOW. Nice deep rumble at idle and roars at WOT, but calm at cruising. NO drone, and I can't even tell when the MDS kicks in.

I also hear good things about Solo Mach X and SLP Loudmouth II.

Whatever route you take, let the exhaust grow on you for at least 1000 miles. When I first put on the Zoomers, it was borderline too much. The sound became more refined over time.
+1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies! Definitely appreciated and helpful.

...I have and will be searching online, figured it would be good to hear from experienced owners with the same exact car. I see a lot of threads about drone on the autos and in the videos many are manuals.

·
Registered
380 Posts
While you are doing your exhaust you may want to put a true x-pipe in also. Supposedly on some the x in the stock system is open and others it is not. Just thought I would suggest it as you could do it all at once if the funds allow.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Force II system. That was what I was trying to determine what style mufflers it consisted of. To each their own but to me the best sounding Flowmaster muffler at least on certain vehicles is the three chamber.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm loving the Flowmaster Force II system on my '10 A5 Challenger.

Nice low rumble at idle, outstanding "roar" at WOT, but a nice almost stock, cabin volume at cruising speeds. No drone.

Perfect set up for me, and I would so it again in a heartbeat.
Just installed the Flowmaster Force II on my 2014 R/T Classic 5 speed auto trans and LOVE IT for all the reasons above, especially the No Drone. I had the resonator delete done initially and the sound was great except for the dreaded 1750 rpm to 1900 rpm drone. Flowmaster Force II makes sweet 5.7 Hemi music come out of the exhaust tips and no drone at all. :burnout:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just installed the Flowmaster Force II on my 2014 R/T Classic 5 speed auto trans and LOVE IT for all the reasons above, especially the No Drone. I had the resonator delete done initially and the sound was great except for the dreaded 1750 rpm to 1900 rpm drone. Flowmaster Force II makes sweet 5.7 Hemi music come out of the exhaust tips and no drone at all. :burnout:
Just when I thought I had decided on an exhaust (solo) I read this^^. ..Thanks lol now I need to hear the flowmaster. Got any sound clips?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just when I thought I had decided on an exhaust (solo) I read this^^. ..Thanks lol now I need to hear the flowmaster. Got any sound clips?
Does a brown bear poo in the woods? You bet I do.

Start up, idle & Wifey blipping the throttle;

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/DSCN0003_zps639c6168.mp4

Windows down and driving from a stop normally from inside the car;

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/72314FFIIslowpullaway_zpsad92543c.mp4

Windows down and full throttle from inside the car;

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/72314FFIIhardacceleration_zpsc6c32d55.mp4

1 - 20 of 24 Posts