Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 11 challenger se and it comes with duals. I'm replacing the factory mufflers and resonators with magnaflows, however. I need to know the inlet and outlet size that I need for the magnaflows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have a 2011 SE and want too know what the size is for a muffler. please post when you find out the size and what muffler you went with.
I did read that you will in a 14" and center outlets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I'm going with the magnaflow 16484 kit that was meant for the 09 and 10 challenger se's. But it sounds good so I'm gonna give it a try. It should bolt right up I believe. On youtube, charger 16936 has basically the same setup. Sounds pretty good!

·
Registered
226 Posts
How did you guys make out with this?
I also have a 2011 SE with stock true duals and would like a little extra growl.
What about just replacing the mufflers?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am actually having dual flowmasters installed tomorrow morning. I am making a little video with the sound changes and ect. What were doing is cutting the resonators out, which is right after the x wield. Where the resonators were is where the mufflers are going. From the Mufflers, fresh pipe is being laid and will be saving the tips.

I am the first in my city to get this done (only a few shops around) so they're not sure what the results will be but they are excited. Cant wait to hear what this pentastar sounds like!

How did you guys make out with this?
I also have a 2011 SE with stock true duals and would like a little extra growl.
What about just replacing the mufflers?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I am actually having dual flowmasters installed tomorrow morning. I am making a little video with the sound changes and ect. What were doing is cutting the resonators out, which is right after the x wield. Where the resonators were is where the mufflers are going. From the Mufflers, fresh pipe is being laid and will be saving the tips.

I am the first in my city to get this done (only a few shops around) so they're not sure what the results will be but they are excited. Cant wait to hear what this pentastar sounds like!

I'm anxious to hear the results. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
definately post up some sound vids and post to the sticky thread as well

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am looking forward to see how you guys make out with your 2011 SE's.
I have about 1500km on it now, and the ehaust is sounding pretty darn good stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I may be wrong but i thought the resonators where under the trunk and the mufflers are after the x pipe.

·
Registered
205 Posts
you are correct.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I may be wrong but i thought the resonators where under the trunk and the mufflers are after the x pipe.
i have all the pictures before and after and a few videos, now just to create a youtube account to link in here. Sounds so sexy.

Do you have the 11 cuase mine were resonators after the h pipe and the mufflers were before the tip

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not sure how to embed it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have the 11 cuase mine were resonators after the h pipe and the mufflers were before the tip
I do have a 2011. That sounds mean I like it. do you know what the pipe size is and also which flowmaster muffler did you get.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Flowmaster 40 series original, true dual, where the resonators were is where the mufflers are now. Ill be posting some pics soon. I believe its 2.5 stock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts