Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions one can I swap a non Bluetooth radio with a factory Bluetooth radio and the phone feature work? Two do I need to have the car programmed if I install fog lights through the factory wiring?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,007 Posts
Two questions one can I swap a non Bluetooth radio with a factory Bluetooth radio and the phone feature work?
There will be some hurdles in that approach. For example, the phone functionality requires a microphone, which is in the rear view mirror in that car. So in addition to the head-unit you would need to also get a replacement mirror with the microphone and wire that up to the head-unit.

Then there is the acquisition of the head-unit itself. If used, I believe you will need a 4 digit pin to unlock it for use in your car. That’s rarely available at the time of sale, so it has to be unlocked via the donor car’s VIN, but that will cost a fee to have done.

There are aftermarket Bluetooth options available which may be easier to install and get working.

Two do I need to have the car programmed if I install fog lights through the factory wiring?
You will need a headlight switch that has the ability to turn the fog lights on/off, and then the fog light functionality will need to be enabled in the BCM/FCM. That can be done at a dealership, usually for a fee, and it can be done with aftermarket devices like the Tazer.

Reactions: Arstoner1207

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,007 Posts
That is the funny part I called my local dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about and that I can just swap out the switch and go.
That might be the case on the 2015+ models, IDK. But I’m almost positive it is not the case with your 2011. I’m not surprised they didn’t know what you were asking for either. I have read threads about the fog light install where the dealerships ended up changing the car’s original sale location to Canada as a shortcut to enable the fogs. While that might work, it’s not advisable. There is a method to do it using their equipment, but if they aren’t aware how then you may have to get a Tazer and do it yourself.

Reactions: Arstoner1207

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,904 Posts

New Mopar Fog/Driving Lamp Kit

Fits 2011 to 2013 Dodge Challenger

Your new Challenger didn't come with fog lamps like your buddies with the R/Ts? Don't fret. Here's an easy solution! Simply install the lamps and replace the switch! Take it to your local dealer to reconfigure the TIPM and voila...you have fog lamps! This listing includes two (2) fog lamps, screws and new switch!

OEM and Quality Fit!

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,904 Posts
That is the funny part I called my local dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about and that I can just swap out the switch and go.
The TIPM has to be reprogrammed to activate them providing you have The Factory Kit Installed or you install the Factory Kit or get a Dealer to Install them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.