Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been researching the swap from the 2011 steering wheel to the 2012-2014 SRT steering wheel. I just wanted to see if anyone knew what parts are needed. From what I've seen it seems like it is:

Wheel: 1XX24XDVAA ($550-$600)
Air Bag: 1RV69XDVAC ($600)

I think I would also need the covers on the back of the wheel that go around the audio volume controls ($2-$5 each). I've watched a some videos on this and read stuff, I'm just wondering if there are any other parts needed. Some of the information seems to say that the wheel is only that, none of the buttons or trim pieces. When I looked up the part number above it shows it as having those pieces and looking like it only needs the airbag. I also saw something that the software might have to be updated to make the buttons work.

I'm just looking some more information before making any purchases. With the wheel discontinued, the prices for these parts just seems to keep going up. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I have seen this before. I was hoping it was just a schematic for the part number 1XX24XDVAA. I'm guessing that isn't the case and this swap just got a lot more expensive. I would hope the buttons could transfer over to save some cash. Thanks again for replying.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for replying. I have seen this before. I was hoping it was just a schematic for the part number 1XX24XDVAA. I'm guessing that isn't the case and this swap just got a lot more expensive. I would hope the buttons could transfer over to save some cash. Thanks again for replying.
I'm almost positive you can switch it as long as you have an srt. I'm trying to see if I can do it for my rt. I'll look for the post I read not too long ago and post it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
. Here u go sir
Thanks for posting that. It was really informative. I didn't see that thread before, it definitely helps a lot. I had also found this thread:

(1) '11+ Steering Wheel Conversion | Dodge Challenger Forum (challengertalk.com)

The person used a Jeep Cherokee wheel instead of the SRT wheel, it is a different shape, but still uses the round Dodge airbag. It also looks kind of similar to the SRT wheel (still looks better than my 2011 wheel). There was also a link down in the thread to another person doing the wheel swap in his Challenger. I did manage to get an SRT8, so knowing the buttons could swap is helpful at getting the cost down. I priced everything in the schematic you posted and between all of the sites I used it was getting up to $2,000 with the wheel parts and air bag. Thanks again for posting that thread, it was really informative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts