Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I figure I will start the ball rolling here with a completely new thread for information about just this year. I will keep adding/editing the thread as new cruises and shows are coming up and as others request.

The way I figure it, after some discussions and emails with others, is if we can plan to do two (2) things a month as a group that would be great. One longer cruise on a weekend and one shorter cruise on a weeknight to join up with maybe a A&W Cruisin' the Dub night.

To kick the ball off I would like to organize a cruise for Sunday, June 12 to Harrison Hot Springs. It would be great to at least get 5 or 6 of us together and more would be a nice bonus.

I was thinking that we can meet up late morning to cruise out there via the back roads, just to get our cars to bend around some nice curves to wake us all up. Then maybe have a bite to eat out there and we can return via Hwy 1 or a different back road, as there are a number to choose from.

Bring the significant other, or maybe the insignificant other as your case may be, or a friend if you want.

Just post on here or pm me if you are in for it so I can get an idea on the numbers.

Looking forward to meeting you other Lower Mainlanders.........or nonLM's if you are over from the island or down from the interior or somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are two shows that the BC Challengers should be doing this year. For both you can enter to be judged or not. Both are great shows and there are tons of cars to look at also.

July 10 (Sunday) - Mopar Madness
George Preston Arena, Langley

September 10 (Saturday) - Langley Good Time Cruise-In
Finally back this year after not happening last year, due to a couple of idiots with too much car and no brain causing issues in 09.
This is one of the top 5 shows/cruises in North America. If you have not been before then your head will quite literally explode when you see it for the first time.
They close most of the streets in and around the "old" city center of Langley and there are upwards of 1,200 cars and bikes - all makes, models and years.

I was thinking that those that are interested in entering should coordinate to park together and really show what our cars are about - new muscle, classic lines and paying homage to the original cars :thumbsup:

If you are interested in one or both shows, whether to enter or just to show up, then let me know via a post on this thread or by a pm. I will work to coordinate this for us all.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump.................. any one want to cruise next Sunday to Harrison????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes. I will be there - thanks for making this thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cruise to Harrison

I am in if the trip is on. Please post meet place and time and I will be there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my girl is all detailed up and back on the road ready for some cruisin' in the sunshine. I am getting conflicting reports on the weather for this weekend so at this point I am going to plan that it will be nice.

So for the first cruise of the season heading to Harrison Hot Springs I was thinking that a good place to meet would be the Canadian Tire in Coquitlam at Sequin and Lougheed Hwy.

49.23584,-122.86047 (Canadian Tire Store at 1200 SEGUIN DRIVE, COQUITLAM, BC) - Google Maps

It is centrally located and easy access for those coming from Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey and other points in the lower mainland.

If we meet there for around 11:00 am with plans to depart around 11:30 am or so then we can be out there, via some nice back roads to get the engines purring, for around 1 - 1:30 pm. We can grab a bite to eat, not sure what is out there any more as it has been a few years but I am sure we can all find something to agree upon. Then we can plan the route home via other back roads or the highway.

If you are interested let me know via a post or pm so that I can get an idea of the head count. But if you just decide on a whim to show up then by all means.

If anyone has any other suggestions then let me know and we can adjust the plan.

Looking forward to meeting everyone who participates. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Would love to go but will be away this weekend,maybe next time.Thanks for the invite, sounds like fun cruise good luck and hope the weather holds out.:thumbsup: Greg

·
Registered
299 Posts
Might be able to make it.....

Unless the CANUCKS win the cup Friday night....Then there's gonna be lots of beer drinking and 0 driving for this cat on the weekend!!

GO CANUCKS GO! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you will be able to make it on Sunday............unless you are planning on still being in the beer on the weekend but for other reasons???

I am not off the bandwagon but they better pull their heads out of their arses tomorrow night and take good aim at the Bruins :rocket:

Might be able to make it.....

Unless the CANUCKS win the cup Friday night....Then there's gonna be lots of beer drinking and 0 driving for this cat on the weekend!!

GO CANUCKS GO! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll come out
Got you noted down. BTW - you can talk with Slammer about the racing at Mission as he is out there most Friday nights and should be at the cruise if he makes it back from his trip in time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am anxious to go as well. Thumpr and I thought it would be a great way to start the summer.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Everybody. So the weather should be nice for the cruise tomorrow as it will not be too hot but warm enough to put the windows down and open the sunroof,

I think I got the route out there down but before we start we will take a vote on one "split" in the road and which way everyone wants to go. Have to make it democratic after all :)

I also have a list of the restaurants/bars/pubs out at Harrison for lunch so we can decide on that also when we get out there.

If you are on the fence about coming along well get your butt off that fence and join us. The more the merrier so get out of bed and join us.

BTW - the route back is very open at this point as it will depend on whether anyone wants to take a cruise at White Rock, take some back roads, take the highway or do something completely different. We will be making a pit stop to fill the tanks with the cheaper priced gas when we are out there so don't fill them up before we leave.........it is usually about 10 cents cheaper once you get past Langley/Aldergrove.

See you all in the morning.

Thumpr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Meeting place:
Save on Foods parking lot on the south east corner of 120th St. and Nordel Way, just where it turns into 88th Ave. (Surrey) If we meet for around 10:30 am Sunday June 11 - that would get us to Coquitlam just before 11:00 am.

·
Registered
299 Posts
We're in....see you at 11:00

·
Registered
642 Posts
looks like a great day for a Challenger cruise !....just finishing up cleaning the Blue Hawaiian....see you all later this morning in Coquitlam ! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Incredible Day. Met new friends, had a great time - learned new backroads. It was great to help a fallen motorcyclist and call the ambulance. (Thanks Krysis) Really nice to have 7 cars and ten people - nice warm sunny day too. More pics will be posted.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great pictures Jim..... It was great to meet you, and everyone else.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just wanted to say that it was great to meet everyone and put faces to screen names finally.

I had a fantastic day..........driving the back roads with the windows down, sunroof open and the sun shining.........enough said:banana::eusa_dance::elephant:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts