Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. Was reading on this site about tips and tricks you may not know on the Challenger. One trick was going from Compass mode to a large font digital speedometer. Says hold down compass and music note for 7 to 10 seconds- I assume on the steering wheel. Is this only for the 2008-2010 cars. I have a 2011 rt classic.

Would love to be able to have this feature. Anyone know how to do it?
Thanks so much

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
On 2011's:

With the engine off, ignition "on" ( accessory position), press the up arrow button and hold for 5 seconds then, within 1 second, let go and press the down button and hold for 5 seconds.

As soon as the EVIC switches, you'll see one of many "hidden" screens, keep hitting the up or down arrow until you see the "0 mph" then you can start the car and use your digital speedometer.

Another screen is the 0-60 mph timer, I'll see if I can find the thread that explains them all.

Remember, you shut down the car, and the EVIC switches back to normal.

BTW, I just ran out and checked this out on my SE again.

Scott

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
On 2011's:

With the engine off, ignition "on" ( accessory position), press the up arrow button and hold for 5 seconds then, within 1 second, let go and press the down button and hold for 5 seconds.

As soon as the EVIC switches, you'll see one of many "hidden" screens, keep hitting the up or down arrow until you see the "0 mph" then you can start the car and use your digital speedometer.

Another screen is the 0-60 mph timer, I'll see if I can find the thread that explains them all.

Remember, you shut down the car, and the EVIC switches back to normal.

BTW, I just ran out and checked this out on my SE again.

Scott

You can get to the hidden menu with the engine running, also.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Are you talking about this?

Works on all challengers with EVIC

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow it works! So cool. Interested in what some of the other menu items do that I see when scrolling through. Thanks again!

·
Registered
300 Posts
It also works while driving...

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I am going to have to read my owners manual. thats pretty cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts