Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 Dodge Challenger SXT( SE-G ) Exhaust/Suspension ?'s HELP PLEASE!

:)Hey there ,

First i would like to start by thanking everybody on this forum for making me love my challenger so much.

The model is a 2009 Dodge Challenger SXT(SE-G) Leather , sunroof , 4 speed , 3.5l...

So far i have

Predator tuned to 91 octane
Replaced fuel cap to chrome
Halo headlights
Upgraded stock deck to mygig
upgraded speakers to kickers
Remote starter from dealer

Now i would like to

-Upgrade exhaust to rt(already bought a used r/t exhaust and srt tips)
-Upgrade Suspension
-Add Mopar Cold Air Intake
-Add steering wheel controls

My questions would be mostly concerning the suspension , I got a deal on the srt8 shocks and springs with 11000 km's not miles on them. I also ordered the srt8 sway bars. What's your opinion on installing these for my car?
I have the 20" srt8 rims also with 255/45/20 on back and 245/45/20 on front. Will it rub?

and regarding the exhaust , i read that you need some heat shield , and a few bolts for drivers side is that all? would it be ok if i get my original fascia cut out on the left side to make it dual or is it better to order a new r/t fascia(rather pay the exhaust guy 80 to install then change entire fascia)

Does the mopar cold air intake do anything or is it a waste of 350 dollars?

I was reading about the steering wheel controls and fuel mileage but i got really confused , is it worth even checking that out or am i wasting my time?

What other upgrades could i do to this thing(starting from the ones that cost least and give most)..it handles like sh$T to be honest as it stands. It's way more practical then the r/t and the srt though and thats why i love it..

Thank you in advance and sorry for my grammar..i'm using a iphone

·
Registered
181 Posts
:)Hey there ,

First i would like to start by thanking everybody on this forum for making me love my challenger so much.

So far i have

Predator tuned to 91 octane
Replaced fuel cap to chrome
Halo headlights
Upgraded stock deck to mygig
upgraded speakers to kickers

Now i would like to

-Upgrade exhaust to rt(already bought a used r/t exhaust and srt tips)
-Upgrade Suspension
-Add Mopar Cold Air Intake
-Add steering wheel controls

My questions would be mostly concerning the suspension , I got a deal on the srt8 shocks and springs with 11000 km's not miles on them. I also ordered the srt8 sway bars. What's your opinion on installing these for my car?
I have the 20" srt8 rims also with 255/45/20 on back and 245/45/20 on front. Will it rub?

and regarding the exhaust , i read that you need some heat shield , and a few bolts for drivers side is that all? would it be ok if i get my original fascia cut out on the left side to make it dual or is it better to order a new r/t fascia(rather pay the exhaust guy 80 to install then change entire fascia)

Does the mopar cold air intake do anything or is it a waste of 350 dollars?

I was reading about the steering wheel controls and fuel mileage but i got really confused , is it worth even checking that out or am i wasting my time?

What other upgrades could i do to this thing(starting from the ones that cost least and give most)..it handles like sh$T to be honest as it stands. It's way more practical then the r/t and the srt though and thats why i love it..

Thank you in advance and sorry for my grammar..i'm using a iphone
let me save you a few bucks on the CAI...this is what i did to mine...i also have the RT exaust but instead of the CAI, i just installed a K&N airfilter and then removed the intake silencer...this has about the same effect as the cai but only cost about 30 bucks for the k&n...when you take the intake silencer off(you will find out what it is and how to do it on here) it leaves a hole open at the bottom...i then took a hose the same size as the hole and ran it down to the front spoiler...WALA redneck ram air....hey it works....i could tell the difference in get up and go and sound...if you really want to take advantage of that predator then get a throttle body...modern muscle in the vendors area has one that will fit...this will give you the biggest boost...when you put on that exaust either cut the fascia( i did mine ) or get an rt fascia ...also add some eibach sportline springs and it will hang like its on rails...only cost about 250....dont waste your time with SRT suspension....the SE believe it or not is actually better that the SRT or RT setup...dont ask why but it just is...the sway bars and the eibach's would be great on yours...once you get it lower it will be a big difference...how hard are those halos?????that is my next upgrade....good luck and by the way...you do not need extra heatshield for the left but if you just want one go to the local auto store and just get a stick on kind....that will be plenty...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty cool , i'm gonna try the k&n thing out..but i didn't get what you mean by sending the hose down to the front spoiler..i'll check that out on other posts..and i'm not too educated when it comes to throttle bodies or headers..any help with that(in newbie terms) would be appreciated..if its not too costly i'll get it done..and the halos are awesome mann..it changes the entire look of the car..no1 believes its a se..it looks so stock and not fishy at all..i have it setup so the orange lights ,halos and fogs on during the day and the headlight halos, orange lights and fogs on at night..its amazing..worth every penny i'd say..but if you're grabbing it off ebay make sure you get them installed right away..they have like a one week warranty only! i'm gonna checkout the eibachs..i don't want a huge drop so its too noticeable..just a little to improve the handling probably 1.5" max..would the eibachs do that..im gonna holdoff on the srt suspension for now but i already ordered the sway bars..let me know what you think..thanks for your help..

·
Registered
181 Posts
You dont have to use the hose....thats just something i did to get some extra air up into the stock box....once you pull the intake silencer off you will see what i mean...when you change out your air filter you will see the hole at the bottom of the box. you can just leave it open if you want...those sportlines dropped mine about an 1 1/2 not too much but just enough to tell...with these and the sway bars that you got it will hang like a gocart..the throttle body lets more air into the intake...more air = better throttle response...it knocks out that lull when you hit the gas...kinda pricy but well worth it.....call modern muscle and talk to Chris, he will fill you in...also shophemi.com is a good place for parts....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there a special tune once i install the throttle body? or just the stock predator 91 or 93 octane tune?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should i add the jba headers to my list with the throttle body 71mm? will any of this void warranty(most threads say no..)

·
Registered
181 Posts
no i just have a stock 91 tune...i havent tried the 93 yet but chris said that was to harsh.....kinda makes me want to try it more now...headers would be good although i havent got any yet...and no none of this will void your warranty but if you take your car back to the dealers for some work, be sure to reinstall the factory settings with your predator just to be sure...

·
Registered
331 Posts
...if you really want to take advantage of that predator then get a throttle body...modern muscle in the vendors area has one that will fit...this will give you the biggest boost...:thumbsup:
On the Modern Muscle link they are using AIRAID intakes on the dyno runs. The 3.5, 215 CI V6 dynos around 170-175 and with the AIRAID shows 187, a 12-17 HP gain, with the throttle body added 197, a 10 HP gain. 2.7 3.5 V6 5.7 6.1 Hemi high velocity CNC throttle body LX RAM On the 5.7, 345 CI HEMI they say " Airaid air intake - after TB looks like they compliment each other well " From Popular Hot Rodding 5.7 AIRAID test, " After a couple pulls we recorded a best corrected-run of 282 hp and 304 ft-lbs of twist. That's a gain of 33 hp and a whopping 58 ft-lbs of torque. Quite a gain from a couple hundred bucks and 15 minutes of effort." Dyno Testing the Airaid Premium Car Air Filter - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine I run the 93 tune all the time, just be sure to use top tier gas Top Tier Gasoline

1 - 9 of 9 Posts