Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I really like the 2011 Challenger r/t and am most likely going to buy it within the next month. SO, I really dislike the rear taillights of the car. I love the car but that is the only part i don't like. I wanted to swap them out for these taillights I found: Red/Clear LED Tail Lights - 2010 Dodge Challenger LED Tail Lights

Problem is, it says these are compatible with Challengers 2008-2010. Is the light assembly the same in the 2011? Would it be compatible?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The only difference I can think of is that the 2011's have an external key for the trunk where as earlier cars relied on the electric release. The key is located in the black plastic piece on the top of the center lens section, and my bet is that's all one piece. Can anyone with an 11 chime in and tell us what's what?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Actually its not a place to insert the key but a black button that you push that pops the trunk . The button looks pretty much the same as the one that was on the Magnum or minivan realese handle a few years back

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I am kind of liking that LED look when they are lit up. Looks a lot like the new charger rear end.

If you do this and get it installed, I would love for you to post some pics back in this thread.

JFF:D

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
There was a post on the WebElectrics thread about a guy that got the kit and it wasn't compatible with the 11 because of the lock in wired in the harness. So, I would say not. They did tell him what wires to cut and splice so it can be done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2011 r/t and changed out my stock tail harness for the web electric. it should fit but you are going to have to cut the wires going to the trunk button. You would not have any way to manually open your trunk since the trunk button is inside your stock center tail light AND might lose the ability to open it at all since im not sure if the key fob button is a different open mechanism

1 - 7 of 7 Posts