Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having an issue with my passenger side door handle, it wouldn't open with the vicinity touch and the locking button wouldn't lock the doors. I went to the dealership and before I could finish explaining the problem they said they would be ordering handles for both the driver and passenger side. They already had two 2011 Chargers and one Challenger that had the same issue. The early 2011 vehicles have an issue with moisture getting in the connector and corroding it. They said the issue has been corrected with the newer handles being made, it was an issue on the early models. This could effect all of the early build guys, just giving you guys a heads up.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Thanks bro.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly what I was thinking, but it's a new design for the handles so I kinda understand.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Problems with `11 Chargers too. Here is a few comments from another forum:

Went to dealer today & had my passenger door handle replaced.
Now both handles have been replaced & for sure not the fix. Still get the message.

So guys if your dealer suggest to replace the door handles & rip your car apart.
Tell them they are wasting both your time & that Dodge is 100% wrong in thinking this is the fix.

This & the iPod with no voice activation is now getting on my nerves!
But all cars have their issues & this is one fine car besides, so I will Hang In!
Does your keyless entry work? Mine will only work on the passenger door. Has anyone tried disconnecting the battery? Maybe it would work again for a little bit. Thanks for keeping us informed.
My keyless system works perfect on both doors I just keep getting the message!
I just got the "Service Keyless System" today as I was leaving the dealership. My passenger side sensor doesn't work and won't unlock from that side but the driver side still works. I'm not going to take it in until I see a definite fix first.
First my drivers side wouldn't work but passenger side would, then niether side would work. Dealer replaced Drivers side door handle. Now drivers side works but passenger side doesn't. dealer has ordered passenger side handle now. Isn't it great to be a guinea pig?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will give them the opportunity to fix it, but I will not keep coming back for the same problem. This might be the last straw for me with Dodge products, I had a water leak problem with my 09 and took them forever to find it and fix it and the car had 100 miles on it when the leak was discovered.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am now having the same exact issue... The passenger side works, but the drivers side will not lock/unlock unless I use the keyfob button. Dealer says they do not know how to fix it!?!? I will suggest they replace the handles due to corrosion. I will let you know what happens. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Also, if you haven't already, better be sure it doesn't have the trunk (not) locking issue as well. Was a TSB issued on that one.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They will have to replace the handles, they need to use electrical grease on the connectors. They did both of my handles in 15 minutes I watched them do it, the key is the grease on the connectors. Once water gets in thats it, this might be a bigger problem than we think.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I don't think they did a lot of R&D on the new handles.

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's sad, I would find another dealership they are going to wait for a TSB that is pathetic. You can always make them do the research because it's not working properly. My dealership called Chrysler, I'm sure they have tons of complaints about this.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
If it isn't functioning properly it is a warranty issue plain and simple, no TSB required for that.
TSBs aren't just to get things fixed for free. They also tell dealers how to fix the tough issues. But it is unacceptable to say your going to wait for someone else to figure it out. I'd be on the phone with Chrysler.

Sent from a mobile device.

·
Registered
531 Posts
TSBs aren't just to get things fixed for free. They also tell dealers how to fix the tough issues. But it is unacceptable to say your going to wait for someone else to figure it out. I'd be on the phone with Chrysler.

Sent from a mobile device.
True, but I still feel their response should be to replace the obviously defective or non-functioning unit under warranty regardless of there being an existing TSB or not. Parts fail without TSBs all the time and are repaired/replaced under basic warranty. Why should this be any different?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
True, but I still feel their response should be to replace the obviously defective or non-functioning unit under warranty regardless of there being an existing TSB or not. Parts fail without TSBs all the time and are repaired/replaced under basic warranty. Why should this be any different?
I believe I agreed with you on that.

me said:
But it is unacceptable to say your going to wait for someone else to figure it out.

1 - 20 of 417 Posts