Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about swapping the old touch screen w something more 2000+. Lol. Anyone have a how to on that or is it pretty straight forward w a wiring harness like back in the day?

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
142 Posts
It’s easy. Go to Crutchfield and fill out what fits your car and audio setup. My 2012 needed the PAC harness/interface, antenna adapter, USB adapter, and metra trim kit. I also added a rear camera. After the install, I wasn’t happy with the speaker-level feed to the factory amp, so I also added a line-level converter.
j

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s easy. Go to Crutchfield and fill out what fits your car and audio setup. My 2012 needed the PAC harness/interface, antenna adapter, USB adapter, and metra trim kit. I also added a rear camera. After the install, I wasn’t happy with the speaker-level feed to the factory amp, so I also added a line-level converter.
j
I have the SRT w the factory Kicker setup. Probably just contact them to make sure I get the right adapters etc. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the SRT w the factory Kicker setup. Probably just contact them to make sure I get the right adapters etc. thanks for the info.
If you’re adding a backup camera, buy this (it replaces the license plate light perfectly but you’ll have to wire tap the existing light harness for the plate light to illuminate):

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you’re adding a backup camera, buy this (it replaces the license plate light perfectly but you’ll have to wire tap the existing light harness for the plate light to illuminate):
Idk if I care to do that yet but where does the line level converter plug into? I may do that just to avoid messing w it later.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Idk if I care to do that yet but where does the line level converter plug into? I may do that just to avoid messing w it later.
Between radio speaker output and amp harness speaker input. It gives you a gain (level) control b/c the amp’d radio output is too hot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts