Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been brought up yet.

I received my 2011 challenger yesterday and am very happy with it. I will post a little review and some pics when I get the time. Meanwhile, now that the 2011 has the new steering wheel, does anyone have an idea how to get the advanced features in the EVIC (0-60 timer, temperatures, etc.) ?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The tips and tricks website says it covers 11s are they differant?
If you have the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) option on R/T's, you can activate its hidden "Extended Menu" mode by holding down both the steering wheel COMPASS and MUSIC NOTE buttons together for 6-8 seconds anytime the key is in the ON position (engine running/car moving or even engine off). Cycle through the series of various displays (such as a large-font digital speedometer) by using the up/down arrow switch on the left of the steering wheel.

Q: What does the "compass" button look like?
I have a 2010 R/T 28M package with Uconnect/iPod (I think its sound group I or II) and don't have a button with
a "compass symbol" on it.

A: Yours may have the "Home" button. This was a running change in the production model 2010's - some model's had
the compass button while others got the home button that has the house icon instead.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is no more musical note or compass, that's why I am asking.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looks like those two buttons are missing on the upper right. Curious, but what button cycles the audio inputs? HHD, SAT, Ipod, etc....

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I'm guessing the same 2 as before. The top 2 don't count so I'ld try the 2 buttons that are were the old ones were.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like those two buttons are missing on the upper right. Curious, but what button cycles the audio inputs? HHD, SAT, Ipod, etc....
On the back of the steering wheel there is volume and source control. Also change track on the other side of the steering wheel.

itzrick--I will try. Tell you what happens

·
Registered
326 Posts
When got the 09, read the manual that came with it. Was in that. Description of steering wheel controls and what they do.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If it's like the 10 manual it doesn't tell you how to get into extended mode and I don't see it in the 11 manual on line. It tells about the wheel controls and the EVIC but not extended mode.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I still couldn't get to the extended mode. Maybe the next time LX talks to the SRT engineers I'll ask. Until then I keep fiddling with it.

I was able to see the tire pressure, oil temp, and oil pressure under the system check ok menu.

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is no more musical note or compass, that's why I am asking.
Music is controlled behind the steering wheel on the right.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have been trying all kinds of button combinations as well, but still no luck.

If BB is right, that's disapointing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I was told that extra feature found in 05-10 LX cars EVIC is gone in 11
That would be very disappointing. Well see if we can crack it. Maybe S/S dodge can do something.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This must be real serious if we have to call Tony in
Yup. lol. He knows the programing fairly well. Thanks to him, we know that there are some type of shared software when he was able to see the adaptive cruise control seen on the 300. So hopefully it is still there, just needs to be found.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Still haven't found how to access the EVIC extended menu (if it still exists) but I did find some other things. If you have the 430N radio, pull up the navigation and tap "View Map". When it comes up, tap the white area where your speed is given. You get a full screen menu with large digital speedometer, another odometer, trip timer, top speed display, how much time you've spent sitting not moving, how much time spent moving, and average speed for the time you've been moving and overall.

Some fun stuff, but still not a 0-60 timer. I would pay to have the extended EVIC menu "reactivated".

1 - 20 of 57 Posts