Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i attempted to remove my rt front spoiler tonight but like many i could not get the center to break loose. I hear there are 2 hidden bolts or clips. Where are the and howdo you get to them??? Pics would be awesome. I want to do this without pulling front off.

·
Registered
624 Posts
have you tried looking at the video from speedys garage yet? I know the r/t on there is an earlier model and not sure if they come off the same way or not. I have a 2010 and on mine I had to push in then pull out to get it to break looses. And the bolts are a pain in the *$($ to get to under there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did and from what I have read the 2011and up are a little different. Its all back together now going to try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same issue on my 11rt when upgrading the chin to an srt last..there is no hidden bolts but u have to separate the lower grill from the bumper so the chin can be removed..u have to push the grill inward..I had to push really hard n be carefull not to break it.start on the right upper corner..I belive its 8 tabs connenting the grill to the bumper..goof luvc

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can someone please explain to me (that says they have done this without taking the front facia off) after you take off the belly pan, the 3 total clips and 4 rivets off the side, the 7 screws off the spoiler and the clips used to screw into and the 3 screws that are not in most explainations plus the 2 rivets that are on the bottom of the rt front spoiler....what still holds the center on the spoiler so tight to the car???? If i open the hood and go in from the top will I be able to see what else i need to remove???

·
Registered
190 Posts
The center of the spoiler is held in place with the lower grill. The lower grill has several tabs that lock it into the urethane front cover. The tabs need to be lifted to release them from the urethane cover. Start from one side of the grill and work your way to the other side while pressing the grill in. Once the lower is released the spoiler will be released also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, i plan on trying again tonight or tomorrow.....will let you know how it turns out and post pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dude you will find this to be the biggest pain in your ass. I almost cracked by bumper cover trying to get thing off. The plastic clips in the middle break VERY easily so don't be surprised if you bend or snap one. That video from speedy's garage is literally NO HELP at all on the newer models. You have to pull the bumper cover WAAYYYY forward and push the spoiler WAYYYY back at the same time to clear the clips. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Done!!!! 2 mods in one weekend. I call that a good weekend!

Put 265 50 20s on the rear too.

What yall think....she needs a bath bad.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts