Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the new 2011 392, with the new Garmin based Nav unit. Does anyone have the part number for it? I want one.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
yup its a pretty sweet unit , works just like there hand held units and was told it will work in in any past Challenger . Sorry no part number but i will try and find it for you

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
since the nav button is now on the touch screen not a hard key button on the outside of the radio like the past I bet it could be flashed to a new OS .

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
After seeing the new 2011 392, with the new Garmin based Nav unit. Does anyone have the part number for it? I want one.
On some/(all?) of the 2011 Chrysler radios the mounting bracket was changed and therefore may not be a direct fit into pre-2011 models, would have to verify that as well as any wiring connector changes. The radios come in versions with and without integrated satellite radio.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
saw a 2011 mygig radio for a challenger today , the exterior dimensions have not changed and the wiring connections also have not changed . looks exactly like at 2010 .

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is one critical difference on the Garmin based head RHB (430N), There is no external GPS antenna connection like previous units, It pulls the GPS data via the compass module thru the bus, so this may be a issue, I have not had a chance to try one on a `10 to see if it is capable of pulling what it needs and/or has the correct protocal to even talk to the compass module.
If you have tryed one speak up
I am going to try, but currently is is a ways down on my list :)

Rick

·
Registered
311 Posts
well I was about to post a rant about how sh!tty the 2010 GPS is, but i might as well not take up space on a new thread.

I mean, guys, there is a possibility that my head unit is a lemon. Has to be.

I know that GPS units aren't always the best at locating 'exactly' where you need. However, that is what I paid for.

The 2010 and earlier model vehicles are screwed with the unit provided. I need to know if there's a way to get this piece of sh!t out and traded in for a decent one.

This SOB sent me 25 miles to a Barnes and Noble that wasn't there for the past 2 years. What the hell?

How much is this Garmin going to cost again? I haven't read the thread yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts