Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a year later since my original For Sale ad for this car (search my post history), and I should have my Tesla Model 3 by the end of April. The build order was placed on 3/12. I have a buyer ready to purchase my R/T in early April at the stated price in the title ($15K), but this buyer didn't respond to a text message and a phone call last week. So instead of waiting until the last minute, I am formally announcing the sale here. I hate to sell it, as it has been a great car, but once my Model 3 arrives, I don't want to be paying two car payments.

Car is all stock (5.7, 5 speed auto, no mods or tunes since I got it in March 2015 (and it didn't appear to have any before I got it), except for Flowmaster tailpipes with Super 44 mufflers. I have the stock exhaust to go with the car. I changed the alternator at 73K miles, and there's a recall for the alternator out now, I have to fill out the online form for my refund. Car has Sirius Satellite Radio. The PA emissions and safety inspections are new, stickers are dated 3/19. The mechanic took out the sequential taillight kit and got the taillights back to stock configuration.

Things to know: The car has a loan on it from fifth third bank. I already spoke to the bank about it for prospective buyer #1. If someone here wants to get the car, you'll pay the bank the full amount, they will send me the change and the title in 5-10 working days (their words). Then we can transfer the title and you're all set. If you're in the Pittsburgh area and want to see it, that's fine. I'll take you for a ride in it. You aren't on the insurance, so you can't drive it until the title is transferred. I'm not going to have someone wreck it and then say "nah, sorry, I guess not" and walk away.

Contact me at [email protected] for questions or more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh yeah, I guess that would help. It's got 103K on it now.

And my buyer at 15K may be flaking out on me, I texted him last week and called a couple days ago, no response. I hate when people just don't get back to you despite saying they will. Be honest about it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
still have???

Oh yeah, I guess that would help. It's got 103K on it now.

And my buyer at 15K may be flaking out on me, I texted him last week and called a couple days ago, no response. I hate when people are too cowardly to just up and say the truth.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I still have it. I should be getting my Tesla around the end of the month, my VIN was assigned a couple days ago, so I need it until then, and then it's available. I texted the number you sent me in the PM.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
looking at 2 gwe cars one auto one stick 26k miles on auto 57k on stick.
both 22k out the door are you firm at 15k? because at 103k 15 is high.
whats the best you can do?

Yes, I still have it. I should be getting my Tesla around the end of the month, my VIN was assigned a couple days ago, so I need it until then, and then it's available. I texted the number you sent me in the PM.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking at 2 gwe cars one auto one stick 26k miles on auto 57k on stick.
both 22k out the door are you firm at 15k? because at 103k 15 is high.
whats the best you can do?

I'm open to offers, Maybe 14-something. Throw me some numbers. But another issue is how to get the car from Pittsburgh to Tucson. Are you going to fly here and drive it home? If I'm off work at the time, it's possible that I could drive it to you if all travel expenses are covered.

It's 104k now, I drive it every day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the problem is that you want someone to pay off your loan, then wait 5-10 days. Also you don't mention what the payoff is to the bank. Just my opinion....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paying off the loan to the bank first isn't my idea, it's the bank's (fifth third bank) rules. They're not going to give up the title until they get their cash. And as far as the payoff amount? Irrelevant. I'm thinking of fair market value here for a nice low production GWE '11 hemi challenger R/T. Not that many of them out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Paying off the loan to the bank first isn't my idea, it's the bank's (fifth third bank) rules. They're not going to give up the title until they get their cash. And as far as the payoff amount? Irrelevant. I'm thinking of fair market value here for a nice low production GWE '11 hemi challenger R/T. Not that many of them out there.

You missed my point...I know the loan has to be paid off...People don't want to lay out a bunch of cash and then wait 5 to 10 days for the title...If you do not want to divulge the amount of the lien, that's up to you.

GLWS

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
guess its sold?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I still have it. I'm getting my Tesla next weekend, so it's up for grabs to the high bidder after that. Don't want to have to make another payment on it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an offer to buy it, for the amount that is owed on it.

I guess that's okay, I'm not losing on the deal, but I'm not making any real PROFIT on it either. And I'm all about PROFIT, when I am the one getting it.

The buyer has fancy cars and will fix it up and resell it. He wants to put a new set of tires on ($1000), even though these have 10,000 miles or more left in them. Then he wants to touch up the paint a bit.

And just my luck, some stitches broke on the side of the seat, right where you hit it on your way in and out of the car. It can be fixed, but that's one more thing. Why couldn't it have held together for two more weeks? I don't know if me flumping into the seat for 3 years overstressed the thread, or my farts corroded it. Maybe some of both.

So last chance, best offer over $12K gets it, but you have about 2 days to commit and get the bank paid off. I know it's a rush, it's not my dream situation either.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
pmed pmed pmed

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I don't have any new PMs.
i asked you to send me some pics of the area's he thinks need painted and a pic of the driver seat
thanks john and maybe i can beat 12k

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
SODL today. Not the kind of money I wanted that would make me nice profit, but enough money to pay off its bank loan. Not sure if that's a win or not. I'd rather have sold it with an obscene profit, but no one else jumped on this fantastic opportunity fast enough.

It was a nice car to have for 3 years and almost 2 months. 58,000 miles of looking good and destroying speed limits! But it's up to 105,000 miles now, time to let the eventual maintenance issues be someone else's problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts