Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Before anyone says to use the search bar. I have in 3 sites now. And google. My heated seat, passenger side isn't working. It was working fine last week. Didn't drive it for 5 days now it's screwed. I don't believe it's the fuse as when it was both wouldn't turn on or light up. Right now the passenger one lights up for about 2 seconds then shuts off while the drivers stays on and keeps my butt warm as hell. I've seen people have the exact problem I have but none of them followed up with a fix. From my research it says fuse, module, or wiring got loose/ unplugged. I'm gonna try the fuse later and checking the wires as I've had passengers in the back recently. Any one have any solid answers?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
Hello everyone. Before anyone says to use the search bar. I have in 3 sites now. And google. My heated seat, passenger side isn't working. It was working fine last week. Didn't drive it for 5 days now it's screwed. I don't believe it's the fuse as when it was both wouldn't turn on or light up. Right now the passenger one lights up for about 2 seconds then shuts off while the drivers stays on and keeps my butt warm as hell. I've seen people have the exact problem I have but none of them followed up with a fix. From my research it says fuse, module, or wiring got loose/ unplugged. I'm gonna try the fuse later and checking the wires as I've had passengers in the back recently. Any one have any solid answers?
Should be only one fuse IIRC, so if yours is working, the fuse is not the issue. But you'll want to verify that obviously.

I would find the wiring harness plug under the seat which provides the voltage to the heating element and test it with a DMM or basic test light. Make sure you see voltage at that plug when the switch is engaged. If you do, and then it stops when the light on the dash goes out, the system is detecting a problem with the heating element and turning it off to save it from damaging itself or surrounding materials. At that point, I don't know. Probably have to replace the seat with another one at that point.

But all that is assuming it plays out that way. You'll have to do the diagnosis and follow the clues to see where it ultimately ends up.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
436 Posts
Pretty sure Nuke is correct with the over-current protection, and that what it sounds like to me. You turn it on and the car is like, wait a minute, let us not start this on fire and shuts it off. I would guess a bad heater pad. It could also be sensing no current from an open wire instead of shorted. Without buying a new pad you can disconnect one at a time and see what it does. If you have a multi-meter you can compare the resistance on the driver's seat to the passenger seat, but you would need the wiring prints and Chilton appears to be having a conniption fit right now.

Outside of that I believe there is a heater control module that could have faulted that side and if memory serves each one goes through the door module on its respective side. Also, Dodge is very horrible with over-spray on their ground studs.

So the only definite answer I have for you is that you are a sadist for leaving the back seat in the car and worse yet, for allowing anything with a pulse to sit back there.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts
It will blink for either a short or an open. I believe that wiring issue is most common, but as mentioned, measure resistance as well. Have someone in the seat moving around in case there is an intermittent open in the heater pad

A Guy

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies folks. Oddly enough went in today to get it washed. And it works..... Let it sit on for about 3 min. Very weird. I'm guessing nuke is right? It's just werid that I'm running into more problems the less I drive it. But I appreciate your responses!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts