Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
HSA is standard equipment on all 6-speed manual cars.

It can be switched off by the user if desired.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
How do you turn it off?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have a 2011 SE Automatic Sport Set Up and it has hill assist...its on only for a short period then turns off itself or when you hit the gas. If I'm on a hill and then brake again on the hill its on again. I like it.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I have a 2011 SE Automatic Sport Set Up and it has hill assist...its on only for a short period then turns off itself or when you hit the gas. If I'm on a hill and then brake again on the hill its on again. I like it.
Why would there be hill assist on an automatic? Your car rolls back if you stop on a hill and take your foot off the brake? If it does, I'd say you have major transmission problems

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why would there be hill assist on an automatic? Your car rolls back if you stop on a hill and take your foot off the brake? If it does, I'd say you have major transmission problems

Hill Start Assist is standard on all 2011s, regardless of transmission. It'a also standard on 300 and Charger, which don't even offer a manual. No idea why... probably didn't introduce any complexity by keeping the HSA software in place, and if anything, may save some strain on the transmission when on a hill with the foot off the brake. I doubt there's much benefit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts