Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my custom made(not available yet) decal on the 2011 steering wheel and the start/stop button decal(currently avail.) installed!!!! any comments?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Tom,

Is the wheel decal from Nate? I ask because we were just talking about this. I want an SRT8 decal for my wheel in CF but I wasn't sure if the stock emblem was easily removed and Nate hadn't yet made one for a 2011 so we weren't sure if the 2010 dimensions were the same as 2011.

looks GREAT! What's involved in getting the rams head off the wheel?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2010 and 2011 totally diff sizes, it was pretty easy....2 bolts on the back/side...that are a 10mm socket. the airbag/cover assm comes off....there were 3 wires, they all upclip so you can take it inside...then the fun part...to get the cover off. you have to press it towards the air bag while you pull the cover lip away from the metal stoppers. but mine is a 2011, not sure if the 2010 with the round bag is the same, email me if ya need pics or help. i think i was the test pilot, i sent them the dim. and they made one, they got it perfect the 1st try!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Yeah if there's that much involved I am going to skip it.. Not tearing into my airbag :)

Yours looks fantastic! Maybe someday I will get rambunctious but today is not that day :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i also was a lil scared at 1st, but its really not to bad to do. 1/2 hour tops. once its off and you look at it, you will see what i mean about how the cover just snaps over the air bad assm. i just pulled the fuses the night before i did it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
What actually secures the emblem to the wheel? is it fastned or just double face adhesived in place?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pix

there are 2 alignment pins(top n bottom) and 2 mushroom looking retaining pins(sides), the cover has 2 hoes in it that the emblem mushroom pins goes through, then that fancy looking clip slides on the mushroom looking pins to hold/lock it in place. no way you could pry it off from the front without destroying the cover. the cover itself is made of a flexible plastic. its held on the metal airbag housing by several tabs on the housing, you lift the cover at the tab points and push the cover towards the airbag and it releases from the housing. to reinstall, push the cover on then pull it back to lock it in place. you can see what all i mean when you have it off. i didnt take pics of that part, but when you take it off by just those 2 10mm bolts, you will easily see how the wire connectors work and how the cover is fastened on.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
You painted a perfect picture, I understand how it's held on now. It doesn't sound too bad of a job... PM me your source if you don't mind me being the second '11 with one of these. :)

And thanks for showing the emblem picture!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no prob, wish i woulda took some pix of the air bag and cover...ugh its back on the car now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
no prob, i got all of my decals from 3d-decals www.eu-decals.com
Awesome, thank you! I just got one of the start button decals from them.

One (possibly dumb) question about installing that one:

Did you remove the button to install it or just stick it on?

I don't have my car yet and have no experience with push button start so I just wondered if one had to be careful about that.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i didnt take it off, just cleaned it with alcohol and made sure it was aligned real good, stuck the lil bugger on!

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
the push button removes very easily if you need to. all it takes is a finger nail or edge of a CC and it slides out

·
Registered
295 Posts
Those look awesome! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
there are 2 alignment pins(top n bottom) and 2 mushroom looking retaining pins(sides), the cover has 2 hoes in it that the emblem mushroom pins goes through, then that fancy looking clip slides on the mushroom looking pins to hold/lock it in place. no way you could pry it off from the front without destroying the cover. the cover itself is made of a flexible plastic. its held on the metal airbag housing by several tabs on the housing, you lift the cover at the tab points and push the cover towards the airbag and it releases from the housing. to reinstall, push the cover on then pull it back to lock it in place. you can see what all i mean when you have it off. i didnt take pics of that part, but when you take it off by just those 2 10mm bolts, you will easily see how the wire connectors work and how the cover is fastened on.
So I presume the emblem 3d-decals made for you did NOT have all the metal pins to re-mount it like the original and that you simply glued the 3d-decals emblem in place and didn't use the original metal clip?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you are correct, no pins, but u cant really get it to fit in there any way but right on because of the fit and shape of the emblem...its alot thicker than just a sticker, it is recessed in the cover, it was a perfect fit. the decals have an adhesive backing. no glue involved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.